We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant for families in Nice and around

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Postojna
Level Contributor
127 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant for families in Nice and around

Hello!

We are coming to Nice next month.

Can you recommend us any restaurant suitable for families with children, for reasonable prices. We have a very live son, so this is a must :-)

For us it is important, that they have some toys for playing, maybe some food for kids, etc.

thanks

bye

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

The vast majority of restaurants are welcoming to children but special facilities may be hit or miss, though most will have some sort of basic child menu and a high chair

It is acceptable for very young kids to share the parents; meal, or eat just a starter , 2 older kids [under 10 say ] can share a main course,. Also many restaurants will provide a small portion for a child , on request

Fast food restaurants and snack places tend to have kids menus, high chairs etc

- eg Quick, MacDonalds, KFC etc

Hippopotamus steakhouses have colouring penicils, kids meals, etc

La Belle Excuse » (26, boulevard Victor-Hugo) has a special play area downstairs from dining room with CCTV to allow parents to watch their kids

Casa Nissa 55, rue Gioffredo colouring penicils etc

Falabrac Fabrik cafe cantine in the old town has organic veggie meals on weekdays, meat on saturday [closed sunday] , kids area and library 3 Rue Benoit Bunico - 06300 -Old Nice

Quick - airport, saint isidore and villeneuve loubet - children's play areas

Flunch Lingostiere- kids play area

Cafes beside play areas- cafe inside parc phoenix [ play area re-opened with all new equipment , animals to see, large wild fowl lake, aquariums , plants etc etc ]

colline de chateau -several cafes and plenty of space for running about plus play area.

this is not an exhaustive list by any means

I used to find manga doodle type things were great for keeping kids amused-also i would always have crayons and notebooks

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
42 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

In the evenings there are children everywhere :) Your children will not look out of place. The flower market has some nice open air restaurants which are a hive of activity. families are most welcome and there is a fab family atmosphere :) Enjoy

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

Le Vendôme on Place Grimaldi (close to Rue Macarani). Excellent food, good service. Very large terrace but also quite large inside too)

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,033 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

If you want a change up from french food or a french/italian blend in Nice then I highly recommend Crazy Wok.

We went and it was some of the best Chinese Food I've had anywhere. When we were there there were several families with small children there. While I doubt they provide toys for your children to play with there were more families with kids than there were adult couples when I was there.

We were the only non french speakers there.

Postojna
Level Contributor
127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

Thank you for all sugestions!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

I think le vendome has changed hands and been renamed

I haven't had a chance to go and look at the new menu etc

Edited: 22 January 2012, 12:26
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

If it has changed hands, let's hope it stayed in the family. We were there last July, actually on the 1st to wish a happy birthday to "la patronne". Unfortunately she was not there but her son-in-law was running the show that night (as usual when she's off work). Anyway she told us it was getting more difficult in that business.

Let us know, we hope to drop by this summer (end of June).

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

The name is changed to chez marius or chez marcus -is that the son-in-law's name?

The trendy place bar/restaurant next door has also been re-named /re-looked

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

Marius, obviously not, and Marcus I wouldn't bet on it. I'll have aloof at my next visit.

Thanks for checking.

The place next door needed a refresh also but it's not my type of hang around (too old for their crowd...)

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,326 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant for families in Nice and around

.>>>>

The trendy place bar/restaurant next door has also been re-named /re-looked,<<,

Did you mean selkie the restaurant has been actally named 'relooked' or are you using the past tense of that peculiar Franglais word 'relooking' which seems to mean something like 'makeover'?

Ed