We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city versus?

California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
city versus?

I arrive Nice July 12. Originally thought I wanted to stay in Nice through bastille day. I am now thinking it may be too much of a "city" for Me. Does Anyone know hotel or B and B outside of the city. I would like to experience family type dining with others, but I also want something really nice since it is a special anniversary. Should I keep my reservation an Le Perouse? I cannot affort the Ocean view with balcony/terrace, really dont want to go over 300 E, in the pictures the rooms appear like " basic hotel rooms". Can you walk to train from LE Perouse?

Thank you

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
731 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city versus?

La Perouse is lovely; you woun't feel you are too much in the city at all, it is right by the sea and at the foot of the Chateau Hill and a short walk from the Port which is not over-large or too busy. You are also close to the pedestrianised Old Nice which is very charming. From your balcony you will get a great view of any fireworks and marches on Bastille Day. It is away from the modern city centre. You can walk to the train station but it will take 25-30 mins but it is very easy and flat. Might be worth investigating Riquier station , the next local train stop east of Nice main train station, it might be a few minutes walk closer to the Perouse. Also there is a local bus from the Port (in front of the church) that takes you directly to the main train station. I think it might be the 30 but you can chack on www.lignedazur.com.

best wishes.

For a quieter, gentler and very pretty town close by to Nice, about 10 minutes east around the Cap of Nice, the next bay, try Villefranche, the Welcome Hotel could be more what you are looking for.

Nice
Level Contributor
244 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: city versus?

What is "outside Nice" for you?

How far?

Zurich, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Zurich
Level Contributor
3,101 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: city versus?

There is a just recently opened great and luxurious b&b, owned by 2 Swiss guys. They bought a villa with swimming pool in the outskirts of Nice and turned it into a charming and quiet accommodation. Check www.masdesoliviers-nice.com

UK
Level Contributor
2,435 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: city versus?

Even for a Claifornain Nice will be hot. Stcik with Perouse Gerlis

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,242 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: city versus?

The Welcome at Villefranche would let you have a sea view room right beside the water for about 150 euros, with many excellent restaurants within 100 yards. The railway station is a five minute walk and trains to Nice Ville take 7 minutes.