We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Markets

Fort...
Level Contributor
47 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Nice Markets

I will be in Nice in September, are there still the "open markets" and if so does anyone know what days? all the posts about the markets are years old, and as we know things have a way of changing... thanks in advance...:)

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
126 reviews
from US$104.80*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
631 reviews
from US$98.90*
US$109.90
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
455 reviews
from US$98.90*
US$109.90
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
403 reviews
from US$133.80*
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Markets

There is a daily flower market in Nice adjacent to the Cours Salaya, and here are three others I know about in other parts of the region:

1) Cannes, Saturdays, adjacent to the Place de Gaulle and back a bit from the harbor, mostly small antiques and the like.

2) Antibes, Thursdays in Place Nationale, clothes, accessories, etc.

3) Vintimiglia, Fridays, (I haven't been to this one, but it's the largest and probably includes about everything.)

Edited: 18 March 2012, 18:34
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Markets

Thank You VERY much!!! I do plan on going to those other cities so it will work out terrific:)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Markets

Ventimiglia Market Friday is mainly cut price clothing and fashion goods, shoes, handbags and the like. Good one for the girls. Good value cheeses, alcohol, and cigarettes, nice local restaurants for lunch. Sort of depends on your interests but a good day out.

Cannes and Antibes are mainly antiques and bric a brac,

Mondays in the Nice Cours Saleya Flower Market the fruit veg and flowers gives way to antiques.

Nice Place Garribaldi on Saturdays is now being taken over by antiques and bric a brac. Particularly of interest to me a couple of vinyl record dealers have set up stalls. Found a fantastic 1960 vinyl 1st pressing of a rare jazz record in good condition, which is rare itself for France, at a very reasonable price.

Villefranche often has a market of mainly antique and modern jewellery, posters and souvenirs, held in the shadow of the Welcome Hotel. Sunday seems a regular fixture.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Markets

Do not forget Marche Liberation, on Av. Malaussena (continue on Jean Medicin to the north).

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,928 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Markets

The Antibes market on Thursday mornings alttracts shoppers from all over the Cote and is quite large being split into 3 parts - Place Nationale , Rue Lacan ( the largest)- both clothes - and Place Malespina ( antiques, pictures, books and bric a brac). Smaller versions on Tuesday and Saturday.

NiceLife- >>>>Particularly of interest to me a couple of vinyl record dealers have set up stalls<<<

Badly needed here some charity shops to help your browsing. Whatever do French people do with their old LPs? although I have seen old CDs hung over apartment terraces ( to scare pigeons?). I am told this is because people would not dream of wearing second hand clothes but I hear Oxfam has opened a shop in Paris.

Ed

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice Markets

The market in the Cours Saleya has everythig from spices to glacéed fruits to cheeses and much more.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice Markets

I want to thank everyone for all the wonderful suggestions, I'm sooooo thrilled since we are staying in Nice for a week and will be venturing to all these great places for sure!!

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nice Markets

There are lots of other open markets too.

More comprehensive lists of flea and antique and food and produce here:

…angloinfo.com/af/127/french-riviera-shoppin…

PS. The open air antiques/ bric a brac markets in Cannes near the old harbour run on Saturday and Sunday and on Monday morning on the Marche Forville site which offers food and produce the rest of the week.

Enjoy

9. Re: Nice Markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2013, 09:25