We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

I'm planning to visit Villefranche after Musee Matisse. May I know how I can make a connection here:

Bus from Musee Matisse --> Train to Villefranche?

On map, Cimiez seems not too far from Gare Nice Ville, but I don't know which bus will bring me from Musee Matisse to Nice Ville SNCF station.

Or is there another SNCF near Musee Matisse that I can use?

Thank you.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

bus 20 from matisse to le port

bus 100 from le port to villefranche

forget the train

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

Thank you!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,208 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

You can also get bus 81 from the port. This can be useful as bus 100 is often full.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

You can alos take bus 20 to Riquier and take train to villefranche

or bus 20 to Riquier and then bus numbner 80 which will take you right down to the the port in villefranche.

bus 80 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2080%20(au%2012%2001%2012).pdf

re-use the same ticket from bus 20 when connecting to a different by revalidating in the machines on board the second bus

Edited: 03 April 2012, 18:48
London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

maybe just go to Villefranche

the Matisse museum has very little in the way of his important works although it does (apparently) charter his career so is important for that;

in any event the park at Cimiez is pleasant enough on a nice day

the Chagall down the hill is more impressive to those like me lacking a cultural backgroundl

Singapore
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

Thank you Bob, Selkie and Philby.

Philby, I'm prepared to see not much at Musee Matisse because I've read some reviews expressing disappointment. But at this point, we are still determined to go there. It will be the last museum we will visit, starting from Paris. I hope our stamina stays!

Selkie, Thank you. Bus 20 to Riquier is just what I need. Not keen to go back to Nice just to connect.

7. Re: From Musee Matisse to Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:42