We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

After planning this holiday, I realize that we will be in Nice on the National Holiday and I'm wondering what to expect. I suspect that trains/buses will be on overload so I was thinking we should stay within walking distance of our hotel which lies a short walk south of the Thiers train station. Will key sites like the Chagall and Matisse museums and the monastary in Cimiez be open? I know it will be a bit of a hike, but I was thinking we could talk to these. Since the holiday falls on a Sunday, are things likely to be closed the next day on Monday? Will restaurants be open? Are there special events like fireworks?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

holidays are not shifted because they fall on a sunday here

buses and trains will have a sunday service which is pretty good for the vast majority of places

neither the chagall nor musee matisee museums list 14th july as one of their closing days. the monastery is shut on sundays , church will be open for visits out with services and the rose garden should be open

there will be fireworks launched at sea and visible along the promenade des anglais and probably a Prom/patrty with multiple moving stages and music of all different types and a real party atmosphere - street entertainers etc -there is definitely one listed for 2012

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

That sounds like great fun! And thank you for the good news re trains and buses. I guess it's a good thing to be in Nice on 14 July:)

sp
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

Estarei chegando no aeroporto de Nice dia 14 de julho. Sera que teremos problemas no aeroporto? Qual o local melhor para nos hospedarmos?obrigada

Vilnius
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

Hi there, actually I was looking for the events on http://www.taksi.fr, I guess you can choose something form there...

Sussex, WI
Level Contributor
104 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

We will be staying on Av de la Californie between the Ibis & the Raddison area. Will we be able to see the fireworks from the Promenade on that side of town or do we need to more into Nice?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

You will be able to see them, but as the fireworks are set off, there will be smoke, which may spead across the water and obscure your view if you are off to the west.

7. Re: Will Be in Nice on Sunday 14 July 2013 (Ntnl Holiday)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 05:15