We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

We're planning to return from Villefranche-sur-Mer to Nice during the 5:30-6:30 busy time in July on a Wednesday. I've read that there are 3/4 buses/h on #100 line heading for Nice and 2/h on Bus 81 line. Do both lines use the Octroi stop in Villefranche-sur-Mer? Is there a stop for both lines anywhere near Place Massena? If they both use Octroi and can drop us off anywhere near Place Massena, then the best bet would be just to go to the Octroi stop and wait for either of the two buses to come along.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Yes, both the 81 and 100 stops at Octroi on the way to Nice. The 100 was pretty packed though by the time it gets to the Octroi stop though because it is coming from Monaco, and this was two weeks ago....I've heard that during peak season like when you're going, people aren't even able to get on.

Both buses end in Nice at JC Bermond. That is a pretty easy walk to Messena area. Not more than a 5-8 minute walk.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,249 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Buses, even the 81, can be full at that sort of time but they are usually less busy by 6.30. At peak times I go to the previous stop, La Barmassa, where I am usually the only person waiting and, even if the bus is full, the driver will stop and let me on.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Can anyone give directions to these stops from the VF harbor, possibly with landmarks?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Last summer ,bendy buses [double buses] were put on the 100 route and the experiment was a success . at that time it was said it would be repeated this year too

additionally there have been barriers erected and queues controlled at the 100 stop at jc bermond during busy times

troggs - which harbour - port royal de la darse or port de la sante? Did you not stay in Villefranche last year, -maybe i am mistaken

Edited: 09 May 2012, 16:43
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

i like this map of Villefranche since it marks the stairs [escaliers]

villefranche-sur-mer.org/pages/plan/planvill…

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Where is La Barmassa located? Do both bus lines stop there as well?

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

We would be coming from the harbour where the Welcome Inn is located. We plan to take the 2 h boat ride that comes in at 5:00.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

la barmassa stop marked here - both 100 and 81 stop there in both driections

www.lignesdazur.com/ri/cartegoogle.asp…

bus stops are often named after the ends of roads that connect to the main road

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Thank you, selkieNice!

The map makes a real difference. It looks like la barmassa is even closer to the harbour than the train station. Since we've given up on ebikes because of the difficulties securing them in Cap Ferrat, we think we'd be too tired to walk back to Nice.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Do Buses 81 & 100 both use Octroi Stop to Return to Nice?

Thanks, London Bob, for this tip. SelkiNice's map shows that this stop is a short walk from the Welcome Inn where our 2 h cruise disembarks.