We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Use of laptops/netbooks

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
136 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Use of laptops/netbooks

I'm in Nice France right now and loving it.

When I was in Italy, there was a park near my hotel in Florence (St. Spirito) and I could take my netbook down there in the evening, sit on one of the benches, and work on my blog.

Does anyone have any idea if I could do that at any, none, all of the many, many parks in Nice? There's one quite close to my room (not hotel) but it's walk-up on the third floor and I hate the thought of taking my laptop, trying it, finding it doesn't work and having to walk up the stairs! I'm 69 years old and my hip hurts and I'd swear the woman who rents out the room didn't mention the 3rd floor. But that's beside the point. :)

If anyone has ever been here and used their laptop in a park, I'd really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks!

Nice, France
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Use of laptops/netbooks

I think you mean a park with free wi-fi? There are plans to install free wi-fi in some public parks/gardens but no date has been set yet. See article below:

rivieratimes.com/index.php/provence-cote-daz…

If you don't mind McDonald's, the one on Promenade des Anglais is open until midnight and offers free wi-fi. If you go upstairs, you also get a free sea-view.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Use of laptops/netbooks

The quickburger restaurants also have wifi as does Ma Nolan's pub.

Level Contributor
136 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Use of laptops/netbooks

Thanks, guys. I ended up trying two of the close-by parks and like I thought, it wasn't possible. But I got dessert while I was out so that made the step climbing a little more bearable. :)

My landlady has free wi-fi here, but I'm just in a room in her tiny apartment and need to find more to do with myself until it gets later in the evening. I kind of don't like coming home to my little room around 7 or so and just shutting myself in for the night.

But, it'll all work out and I'm loving the beauty of Nice - two days of absolutely perfect weather also! I leave Thursday morning so I'll just find ways to occupy myself "away from home" in the evenings.

4. Re: Use of laptops/netbooks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:16