We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

Knoxville
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

We are going to be in port in villefranche for just one day and would like to incorporate nice, monte carlo and cannes in an eight hour time frame. Is this possible? Will we be able to find a taxi outside the port to hire for the day?

French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
121 reviews
from US$103.40*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
629 reviews
from US$97.60*
US$108.40
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
401 reviews
from US$132.10*
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
451 reviews
from US$97.60*
US$108.40
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

I think it's going to be a bit much. Monte Carlo and Cannes are on opposite ends of the string of resorts, and they are over an hour apart by train. I would travel in one direction or the other, and from VF, I would probably head towards Monte Carlo or just do Nice. There is a "Coastal Tour" boat trip on this site, that I would consider taking as part of a day in Nice:

trans-cote-azur.com/nice-promenade-cotiere.p…

If you set out early, you could visit the mountain village of Eze (stunning views) and Monte Carlo. If you are interested in this trip, come back for how to do this.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,778 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

There are a couple of options here - one is to buy a tour using one of the mini van 8 seater operators of which there are a number around the Cote d'Azur. Nizza Travel is one - but by no means the only.You can find a programme on the web. Tours work out around 120 euro per person.

Otherwise you can buy the one day go-anywhere Pass Isabelle on the coastal train for 14 euro per person. The trains run every half hour. This will bring you to Monaco, Nice and Cannes from Villefranche station, altho you will need to go in one direction first and then the other depending on your priority. You won't have time to see much but you will tick the boxes and the coastal scenery is superb.

Ed.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,911 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

my question would be why? Nice alone would be hard to appreciate in 8 hours

if you really want to do this then the best bet would be some kind of small van tour where you could essentially drive by these places with a stop for lunch somewhere

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

I guess it would be possible if no traffic. In Nice you could spend the whole day, it is a nice town. Also Monoco is an amazing town where you could walk around for a whole day as well. One day for all 3 towns plus traffic might be challenging.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

You can hire a driver for the day for about 500 euros , slightly more for a minivan if you book in advance. \

You could try negotiating with one of the Villefranche taxi drivers on the day

But i agree with everyone else that it would be hard to do 3 places in one 8hr day

nb Monaco buses will be putting their prices for solo and day [etc ] tickets up from 1st june, This has no effect on bus number 100. 112 etc prices

info here

http://www.cam.mc/documents/1336119247.pdf

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

My advice...go to Nice for the day and relax !

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

To paraphrase a fellow poster, EssexWanderer:

"You CAN do all of this, but you won't enjoy it."

At least, I wouldn't enjoy a visit to all three resorts in one day, but some people thrive on being on the run. You'll know what works for you.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,206 posts
458 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

Sounds exhausting. You should spend time in Vilelfranche as well. Nice is nice and Eze is great and charming.

I loathed Monte carlo (over-priced disney world, tacky and overly- touristy) but it is close.

You can probably do 1 or 2 other towns but stay in 1 direction and again, VF is also nice to explore

Knoxville
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

Thanks for all the GREAT advice. I thought the 3 areas would be too much, but I needed some expert advice and that's exactly what I got. I want to enjoy what and where we are, I just don't want to run thru each town to say I've been there. We'll probably do Nice and Monte Carol. Thanks again.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
65 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: day trip to include nice, monte carlo and cannes

Troggs, how would you go about doing the Eze (stunning views) and Monte Carlo trip? I will be visiting next month along with my husband and 6 month baby. We'll have a car :)