We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Cannes

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Nice to Cannes

Flying into Nice and plan to take the express bus to Cannes. Can I pay for that bus with a credit card? From what I can tell, the bus ens at Hotel de Ville in Cannes. I am staying at Hotel Novotel Cannes Montfleury. Will I take a cab from where the bus drops me off and the Novotel? How much should this cost? Thank you so much for your help.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,139 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Cannes

You need to take some small change in Euros with you before you travel. 100 should be enough to negotiate all these small ad hoc journeys. Credit cards are not widely used in France as the French get charged for thaving a credit card;. one reason why cheques are still the mosy popular form of payment ( backed by a National Identity Card) I have never seen a bus which accept credit cards (you pay the driver on boarding in France) but there is a ticket office at the airport bus terminus - they may well take cards. Be aware French ticket machines accept only chipped Visa and Mastercard. I believe a fair proportion of American cards are still not "chipped"

I am sure some one will field your Cannes hotel question, but Cannes is very small and everything is a short walk. Its not the Windy City.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Cannes

You can buy tickets for the express bus with a credit card from the bus station at the airport or on line in advance, but it would be a good idea to have some euro cash as suggested above

…aeroport.fr/Passengers/…result-tarif

Unfortunately, the Novotel Montfleury is a relatively long walk ( 35 minutes plus) from where the express bus stops in Cannes, so a cab would be advisable, but I would guess it will cost at least 15 to 20 euros or more if you have lots of luggage.

Alternatives:

The number 200 slow bus takes over an hour to get to Cannes but would drop you much closer to your hotel - the Pont des Gabres stop is under 5 minutes walk away. The 200 bus runs every 15 minutes during the day and stops just outside the airport on the main road ; costs a basic 1 euro fare plus possible supplements for large luggage

The rail station in Cannes is also closer to the Novotel maybe 20 mins walk

Direct trains to Cannes stop at Nice St Augustin station which is walking distance from the airport

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Cannes

What is the easiest way to get from nice airport to Cannes we arrive at 18:20 and are staying near the harbour?

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Cannes

JillianLouise.

The direct 210 express coach , from outside both terminals at the airport until around 8pm every day. It terminates at the old harbour in Cannes

5. Re: Nice to Cannes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2013, 10:15