We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Hi All,

This will be our first time to the S of France, going end of Oct for a week, looking for a nice hotel ( or 5star camp site !!! ) We are couple with a 4yr old.

Don't know where to start so any info would help,

Many Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

I don't think camp sites are very active at the end of October. What type of activities are you interested in? Do you want a sandy beach?

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Hi,

Just looking for a nice place so we can get out and about for lunch and dinner,

Also walks on the prom etc and maybe pop onto a ferry for a trip to st Tropez or a other area.

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Then your best bet will be either Nice, Cannes or Antibes. This is the low season and your options for accommodation will be quite good. There will be an excellent choice of private apartments for rent on www.holidaylettings.co.uk and other similar sites such as homeholidays. If you don't want an apartment then consider either an aparthotel or a hotel. Personally I would go for a private 1-2 bed apartment. My personal choice would be Nice, but I am biased because it is my favourite place in the region. If you stay in Nice then the Carré d'Or area is a good choice - proximity to the city centre and old town and train station/promenade des anglais. Make sure you check apartment details carefully as some of them indicate that they are not suitable for children. All hotels will be child-friendly.

Edited: 17 June 2012, 13:32
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

October is busy in Cannes as it is overtaken by big conferences

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Cannes is conference free from 26th October until November and has a great selection of hotels and self catering apartments in the central banane area which is very convenient for walking everywhere :)

The regular day excursion to St Tropez stopsrunning in September, but luckily there are two exceptional sea crossings for the sales in St Tropez on 26th and 27th October only, booking required if you want to visit

trans-cote-azur.com/cannes-braderie-saint-tr…

Also the ferry services to the Isles de Lerins (the islands in the bay of Cannes) which sail out from Cannes old harbour will be operating as normal- no reservation needed just turn up at the quay side

Edited: 17 June 2012, 14:13
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

Apologies, typo

the crossings to St Tropez are on 27th and 28th October

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,795 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

remember you will need a triple room -- in France kids are not generally just 'free in the room' and everyone counts as a person.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

If you can, rent an apartment in Nice. I did that and never want to go back to hotels. I rented through go-nice.com and they are good to work with.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

I would speak for a vacation rental, too, and from experience. Much more convenient than a hotel. As the service level is excellent in the whole area, you will be very flexible about self catering and eating out. With a 4 year old the space offered by the apartment is a big advantage compared with the small hotel room. It is also nice to have the kitchen available for snacks, as France offers a very nice selection of e.g. vegetables, fruit, cheeses, bread, wine etc. I second the positive note about go-nice.com but to be fair to all entrepreneurs, there are many of their peers available. In October I suggest some 700 euros for a week's rent for a two bedroom good quality apartment in a central location, and some 20-30% on top of that for sheets, towels and cleaning at the end of the stay. I suggest you make sure there is a free ADSL connection if you need to be connected during your stay. Vacation rentals are normally Sat-Sat but in October there may be more flexibility about this, too.

The hybrid between a vacation rental and a hotel is an aparthotel, there are some in the area, including Adagio and Pierre & Vacances chains, which are generally OK. I would not consider Citadines and Orion but this is my personal opinion

10. Re: Hotel with infant,1st Timers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2013, 06:17