We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice half day

boston
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
nice half day

cruise ship arriving in cannes

want to visit nice

please advise where train will let off

Do not want to visit beach

interested in market and to walk cobblestone streets

thanks for help Katieboston

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice half day

take the train fron Cannes to Nice Ville

turn left out of the station and walk to the main street Jean Medecin.take a tram to Massena or Opera-the Old Town is there for a stroll;

You can of course walk it from the station- straight down Jean Medecin

boston
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nice half day

thank you pholbyLondon_Nice

Do you know how far a walk down Jean Medecin to Old Town?

KatieBoston

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nice half day

I am not sure of the exact distance, but it is very close. I walked around both this morning. The main street Jean Medecin features contemporary, chain stores. The old town of course features small, locally owned stores and restaurants.

You might also enjoy a stroll along the beautiful Promenade. I would not miss the breathtaking views of the Mediterranean!

4. Re: nice half day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2013, 10:15