We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

Axminster, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

We arrive at Nice airport at 10.05 on the 31st August. I do know that there are bus or train links to Saint Raphael and then onward bus to Port Grimaud. Can you buy a ticket on the train and how regularly do the services run? Is it best to get the bus to Nice Ville or is Saint Augustine OK? I don't really want to buy a ticket in advance because of possible transpor delays and I believe that there is no refund or exchange on the train.

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
French Riviera - Cote d'Azur, France
Port Grimaud
Port Grimaud
Grimaud, France
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

You can't buy a ticket on the train but you can find yourself having to pay a wopping fine on the train for not having a ticket. Best to get one.

10 in the moring will be fine for picking up a St Raphael-bound train from St Augustin. Take the first that comes along and change if necessary at Cannes for a SR bound one. There is a ticket office and ticket machines at St Augustin - the ticket machines take chipped Visa and Mastercard and its not too difficult to figure out.

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
Cannes
Cannes
Axminster, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

I don't suppose you know roughly how much an adult ticket is. I've tried to find out but I don't think that their public transport websites are as good as the trains and buses here.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,153 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

Pure guesswork, its a long time since I did this journey but its about twenty euros to St Raphael. Someone will no doubt correct me.

Mentioned in this post
Saint-Raphael
Saint-Raphael
4. Re: Train or Bus from Nice to Port Grimaud

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:15