We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

California
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
Save Topic
Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

Need to return my rental before taking an early flight out of NCE. Talking like 5 AM or so.

I will be driving from Cannes to NCE.

I know there are unattended stations open. However, I don't have a credit card with a chip so I don't think those would be an option.

Maybe I could fill up in Cannes the night before but not sure if the tank would still be full when I drop it off.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,475 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

There's a gas station right at the entrance to the Nice airport, but I don't know what hours will give you a live person.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,407 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

the best you can hope to do is to fill it on Saturday and hope the gauge still shows full when you return it. Getting gas on Sunday is chancy.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

You could phone and ask the opening hours-

BP Nice Arenas

104 bd rene cassin [beside parc phoenix/2mins from airport]

Tél : 04.92.29.02.02

Edited: 22 August 2012, 00:18
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

The gas station at Nice airport (Relais de l'Aeroport) near T2 opens at 7am on Sunday morning.

However, coming from Cannes, the Total gas station on the A8 at Aire de Breuieres, just before the Antibes turn off is 24/7

stations.gpl.online.fr/appli/index.php…

California
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

Thanks all for the suggestions.

The 24/7 station is probably unattended so it probably requires a credit card with a chip (puce) and a PIN?

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

The 24/7 gas station at Aire de Breguieres is a service station with a restaurant and other facilities .

It is manned which is why I mentioned it - it is a an autoroute rest stop used by trucks -and from experience the gasometer still registers full at Nice airport :).

truckinform.eu/…29

California
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

Great, so it just off the A8 after you get on it from Cannes?

So you'd see it from the highway?

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

You won't see the service station from the highway because of trees

But the turn off for the service station is clearly sign posted; it is a few kms after you join the A8 from Cannes centre before the Antibes exit - you need to look out for the signs to it.

If you are worried, perhaps do a dry run or look out for it another day when you happen to be passing to make sure you know in advance where to turn off

9. Re: Gas stations near NCE open early Sunday morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Nice