We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Hi guys,

Myself and the other bridesmaids are planning a hen do for my best friend in Nice for preferably next June.

There are around 15 of us and we are hoping to find accommodation which we can have all to ourselves, i.e. villa, cottage, but at an affordable price for all.

We would also love a big meal out maybe first night, somewhere buzzy, lively, friendly and welcoming to a large group, inexpensive but with lovely food and setting. Any suggestions?

We would also like a lively night out, bars, bit of dancing, somewhere we can let loose but again quite a few of us and need to cater for all so inexpensive and fairly laid back?

If anyone has any suggestions on any of the above I will be HUGELY grateful! We chose Nice as we wanted somewhere chic, cultural, pretty and somewhere we know our friend would love - I guess I just need some help finding some of the fun elements of Nice too!

Thank you in advance!

Sophie

Essex
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Nice?

Or St Tropez??

Or both???

London, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Undecided really!

Wanting to find out which one is better suited for us really! Thinking Nice might be easier to get to as seems more flights go into there and its close to the airport, open for suggestions on either!

Essex
Level Contributor
27,151 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

But on this thread you state you ARE planning to stay in Nice.

And on the other thread you state you ARE planning to stay in St Tropez.

I'm not trying to be funny, but really if you want advice on which location is going to be a better option for you, perhaps you should state that up front? That way you will be more likely to get the kind of answers you need to help you!

I wish you all the best and the Bride to Be, whichever you choose, I bet you all have a great time, anyway!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,262 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

I agree with EW...not really sure what you are looking for. My advice would be to stay in NIce. There are way more villa options.

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r615

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Rentals in Nice are mainly apartments and not villas.

UK
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

I wouldn't go to St Tropez if you want inexpensive. If you want fun, you might look at Juan les Pins, which is near Antibes for culture but very laid back.

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

In St Tropez, renting a nice villa with a pool, large enough for 15, would run you about 10,000 euros a week in June. That's a *rough* estimate that varies depending on villa, week of stay, exact location (close to beach, etc). It would be a lot of fun, with Pamplonne beach and its clubs on the sand.

In Antibes/Juan-les-Pins, an equivalent villa will run approx. 20-30% less expensive. It's a different feel from the wide & open St Tropez peninsula. Less open spaces, smaller beaches, more happening all around.

You'll have more choices for less money if you're willing to stay further inland such as around Grasse, but that's far less convenient for a large group.

Enjoy,

AzurAlive.com

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,508 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Sophie - I too would advise Juan les Pins for your party, and delightful in June.

BTW I have rarely seen St Tropez and 'inexpensive' in the same sentence. On top of azuralive's 10,000 euro vills you must build into your budget for 200 euro bottles of champagne to spray around St Trop's night clubs.

Ed

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

There are villas in Nice, but the nicest are usually away from the centre of town, which makes them a little hard to get to, if you don't have a car. That being said, there are lots of apartments in Nice that are large enough to accomodate a group (though probably not 15 people). Alternatively, you may be able to find some apartments that are in the same building and break into groups. Be aware though, that most buildings in the Old Town of Nice don't have elevators.

There are a few rental agencies in Nice, why not email them directly and see what they can suggest?

Here are some suggestions:

http://www.nicepebbles.com

homeaway.co.uk/France/…r2552.htm

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/nice-area.htm

Hope you find something :)

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen do Nice France, Please help! :-)

Where are the villas for rent in the centre of town?