We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaview apartment in Nice

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Seaview apartment in Nice

I have done a lot of research and have scoured many sites for apartments in Nice and cannot find exactly what I am looking for. I would like a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath, apartment with a balcony with a seaview and air conditioning. I can find this further west on the promenade, but am looking for something closer to the shops and restaurants. I know there are hotels that have these qualities, but does anyone know of an apartment that meets these criteria? I have checked Nice pebbles, homelidays, go-nice and just cannot seem to find what I am looking for. I'm not concerned about the budget at this time, so if anyone has a recommendation, please let me know!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

There are over 1,100 listings for NIce on Homeaway.com. Surely you can find something there...

homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/…r615

Edited: 10 November 2012, 02:45
Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,314 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

Larger flats are usually found west of the Negresco, as far as Magnan. There are a few buildings a few blocks of Gambetta that may suit your needs.

We rented some years ago a studio on the Promenade on VRBO and the owner had another flat, a larger one, 2 streets west of the other one. His name is Richard Stornello if I recall. The larger flat was on ground floor but with a huge terrace, right on the Promenade.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

JCC,

Don't know how well you know Nice but being on the promenade means overlooking six or eight lanes of very heavy traffic.

england
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

Look at Pebbles Riviera website - great apartments

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,027 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

Riverside....the OP has said she has already gone through Pebbles and had not found what she was looking for...

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

YourNice Apartment have some high-end properties which are worth a look.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
102 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

Hi, try the following link, we stayed in the one bed apartment last year and had no problems at all, great location and we'll definitely use them again

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p838955

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

LondonBob. You don't look down - you look out at the Mediterranean. So best not stay on the lower floors

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

What I don't like is the noise and pollution. Diesel cars are ubiquitous in Nice and the stuff they churn out is extremely nasty. On windless summer days I suspect that air quality on the Promenade must rival that of Beijing or Heathrow airport. No doubt there are people who are prepared to put up with this but adverts for flats tend not to mention the disadvantages of a particular location and people may imagine that a property on the seafront will be a haven of peace and tranquillity. The authorites are gradually getting to grips with removing the car from central Nice and I have no doubt the day will come when the prom is traffic free and it will be a wonderful place to stay.

10. Re: Seaview apartment in Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2013, 10:15