We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advantage rent a car

Oostkamp
Level Contributor
259 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Advantage rent a car

Does anyone already used this company?

Rates seems to be very low.

https://fr.advantage.com/index.html…

Is it easy to transfer from terminal 1 were we arrive to terminal 2?

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advantage rent a car

Free bus between the terminals runs every 10 minutes or so. A small car from Advantage for a week in June, including full insurance, costs 261 euros which is no cheaper than, for example, Sixt which I have found to be very reliable.

Oostkamp
Level Contributor
259 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advantage rent a car

But in July for 2 weeks it's a lot cheaper than others. It seems to be a Hertz company.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advantage rent a car

No personal experience of Advantage .

Advantage is relatively new to Nice Airport and it looks like you have to return the vehicle to zone P1 outside terminal 1 rather than the main car rental drop off area at terminal 2 to avoid an additional charge.

Not sure if that means that although they direct you to the main car rental centre at T2 for pick up, you actually have to go somewhere else to physically collect your car too .

It's not far between the zones at the airport, but I would suggest checking the logistics

…aeroport.fr/Passagers/ACCES-PARKINGS/Se-rep…

Rates change all the time and there are often promotions

If you haven't already done so , it could be worth checking the brokers websites like auto-europe, and cost comparison sites kelkoo etc for prices from all the on airport car rental firms

Hope this helps

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advantage rent a car

I booked with Advantage and then cancelled after reading the small print. You get charged for a full tank of petrol and then return it empty - that is not easy if you are unfamiliar with the area and dont want the stress of worrying that you'll run out of petrol before handing the car back. If you return it with a half tank there's no refund. Also, they dont use the easy to locate main car hire building and parking lot at Nice airport, their alternative may be fine, but their systems just dont seem as user friendly as the well known companies.

Oostkamp
Level Contributor
259 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advantage rent a car

Did you get your money back? I read in the small print that they charge you or hal the rent when you cancel.

Where do you have to collect the car?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advantage rent a car

They charged £15 to cancel. I think the drop off is still within the airport - but not at the very efficient parking lot that all the other rental companies use, so may be a bit confusing if you're following the "return rental car" signs.

7. Re: Advantage rent a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2013, 10:15