We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early morning transport to airport

Fairport, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Early morning transport to airport

We have rented an apartment near the train station in Nice. For a flight departure at 7 am from T1 on a Thursday, is there a bus that would allow us to be at he airport between 5 - 5:30 am?

Melbourne...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Early morning transport to airport

We also need to get to the airport for a 7.00am flight. Transfers are very expensive to and from airport. Does anyone have any advise regarding travel by train or bus to and from airport. Especially an early departure time.

Finland
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early morning transport to airport

Have a look at buses #70 and #23, these are the earliest ones available for you.

Bus #23 calls at the railway station and the first one in the morning stops at Airport T1 soon after 6 AM. Still not sure if this is early enough if your plane departs at 7 AM.

The first #70 buses pass the airport from not far already clearly before 6 AM. You need to find a suitable bus stop to get on this bus and you need to walk a bit from the bus stop to the airport terminal. For getting on the bus, maybe the most suitable one for you is at the corner of Ave Jean Medecin and Rue Hotel des Postes?

www.lignesdazur.com for information on local buses There are both detailed timetables with bus stop locations and pdf route maps. Hope the information is up to date, looks like it is.

A pre ordered taxi is a good choice i think. Traveling is never cheap and saving in wrong place may cause expensive very problems e.g. if missing a flight.

Hope the local experts join me in filling the gaps!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Early morning transport to airport

I believe the airport buses will be too late.

However the first train from Nice Ville - main station leaves at 05.08 arriving Nice St Augustin at 05.13. it is about 15/20 minutes walk to Terminal 1 from there.

Ed

Finland
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early morning transport to airport

Sorry I missed the train option. That may be the easiest, especially with not too much luggage. With big bags even with wheels, the walk is "memorable" I think...

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Nice, Villefranche-sur-Mer
Level Contributor
3,147 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early morning transport to airport

Ed is an optimist, an admirable trait, however when it comes to the French railways, I have been let down by them often enough to always have a plan B. There is a good chance that trains will be running, and on time, if they are, well and good. The drivers are in the habit of going on strike rather frequently, and what with uexpected delays due to engineering problems, and always make sure I have enough cash - around forty euros - for a taxi to fall back on in the event of train problems. Missing a flight is more expensive than any taxi.

Edited: 23 December 2012, 15:31
Fairport, NY
Level Contributor
23 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early morning transport to airport

Thank you for your replies. The train option seems reasonable, but it would be a problem if the train is late. I agree with #5 that a taxi seems to be the safest option.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Early morning transport to airport

I think that's wise, marty.

NiceLife - my sources* tell me that first trains ( and last ones) are generally reliable as SNCF staff use them to get to work/home. It's not about the passengers !

* insomniac train spotters

Happy Christmas

Ed

8. Re: Early morning transport to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2013, 10:16