We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel La Perouse Room Question

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel La Perouse Room Question

I am thinking of visiting Nice in September (four nights), staying in the Hotel La Perouse.

With the exception of the sea view & size of the rooms, is there a difference between the standard and sea view rooms? Do the standard rooms overlook the road, is this noisy?

Thanks for your replies - Merry Christmas!

Edited: 24 December 2012, 21:48
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

if you open the window, of course that will be noisy because this hotel is just in front of the main road (promenade des anglais / quai des etats unis) and it's a small building (4/5 floors I will say ?)

but why you don't ask at the hotel a quiet room, if they have..

always better to ask before to book ;-)

if they have room at the back of the building, I don't if that exist = no sea view but definitively more quiet because there is the hill

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

Thanks, I have been in contact with the hotel and they sent an immediate reply on Christmas Day which was very impressive. I think we will pay the extra for a sea view room & ask them for a quiet room.

If you have any additional hotel suggestions of a similar standard & location let me know. Thanks again. Merry Christmas!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

The main difference in the sea-view rooms, aside from the fact that you get wonderful views, is the room size. If I remember correctly, the sea-view rooms are on the floor just below the roof, and they are larger. We once had a sea-view room with balcony back in the days of Club France, which meant we got an upgrade at the La Pérouse. For our second stay, no more Club and a standard room with balcony: pretty small, difficult to walk between the desk and bed when my husband was using his computer.

Noise was not an issue in either room, as the hotel sits high above the road.

As an alternative, get a sea-view room at the Mercure Promenade des Anglais. Those also are large and have a double-door system out to the small balcony. When both doors are closed there is no noise whatever, and having even one door open still doesn't left the road noise in.

One other alternative might be the Le Meridien, next to the Mercure and so also in an excellent location.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,747 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

Thanks Catullus, lots of useful information. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

And to you too.

6. Re: Hotel La Perouse Room Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 December 2013, 10:17