We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
90 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

My wife and I are thinking of travelling around the cote d'azur the last week of March. Are hotels and restaurants open that time of year? Is the weather in the 60's? during the day? Do you recommend that time of year to travel in this area? If not, any recommendations for other areas in the south of France?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

Nice is a large city that does not close down in the spring--or the winter or fall, for that matter. You'll find plenty to do at a time when there won't be mobs of other tourists.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,839 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

Nice is never empty - I have often visited during March for the Easter break and the city is always bustling.

The temperature is on average in March is around 12c (which is about 53F I think).

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,037 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

Nice is the 5th largest city in France...the population is close to 400,000. So, no, it doesn't "close".

The first thing you should do is get a good guide book and get a basic understanding of the area.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

The population of Nice is 343.304

5. Re: Last week of March 2013: Is Nice empty?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 23:15