We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Liverpool
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Hi

I am travelling to Nice at the end of January to celebrate our silver wedding wnniversary. Can anyone recommend a romantic/Classy French restaurant in the centre of Nice. We are staying in the Villa Victoria hotel. I am looking for something not too formal but do want the whole french eating experience.

Any suggestions greatly received

Nice, France
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

What is your budget.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Since it is such a special occasion I hadnt really thought of a budget, so I guess upto €200 for a 3 course meal. Is that realistic?

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,334 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Check out La Mison de Marie on 5 rue Massena (www.lamaisondemarie.com), phone 04.93.82.15.93

We have always loved eating there - it's right off the pedestrian area, but not touristry at all - a very nice experience -

They have both an outside area whch is like a large vined arbor and an inside dining room. The food has always been quite good with excellent service . It is an easy walk (no more than 10 minutes) from Villa Victoria; we usually stay there when in Nice

jhgrady

Nice, France
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Agree with the above

Also La Petite Maison or Le Balcon, in Rue Saint-Francois de Paule,just off the flower market.

Le Siecle along the Promenade is also a favourite of mine for a special occasion. There are also many quaint romantic restaurants around the old Town, maybe just wander through the narrow streets and pick one that takes your fancy.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,503 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

We had a bad experience at La Maison. The extremely rude woman at the front desk refused to make a reservation, saying Americans never showed up. We could see why, with that reception.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,643 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Probably run by Parisiens, catullus. Don't take it to heart - they're rude to everybody.

Ed

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,503 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

We have never been treated like that in Paris!

London /Nice
Level Contributor
780 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

if you do a thorough search of the reviews you will find that the said female has a bit of a reputation

It doen't seem to bother the Nice elite who frequent the place nor stop her franchising the concept (whatever that is ) to London

I think the food is good but be ready to be abused-a friend of mine who is a little pompous always comes off worse

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,643 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

Well a rudeness franchise seems original enough !

Ed

UK
Level Contributor
3,270 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic/Classy French Restaurant in Nice

With your stated budget, I would book a table at one of the restaurants in the Hotel Negresco - Le Chantecler or La Rotonde. These are classic restaurants serving traditional French cuisine with traditional French service.

For somewhere less formal, I suggest La Table Alziari on rue François-Zanin in the Old Town. The setting and service is informal yet traditionally Niçoise, the menu offers delicious local cuisine.

Bonne Année!

Enjoy!