We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental drop off in Nice

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
42 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental drop off in Nice

We are arriving in Nice from Avignon and will be dropping off our car rental. Which location are easiest to drop off a car. In town, the train station or the airport? We are going to use AutoEurope and they have multiple locations.

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

What are you doing after you drop the car?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

Hi there

We dropped ours off at the train station. It helped we had a GPS as the streets were a little confusing.

Kind Regards

Merran

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

The best drop off location will depend on your plans after you leave the car.

If you plan to stay in the centre of Nice, most of the car rental firms that the broker Autoeurope uses have offices around Place Massena and at the railway station.

If you plan to fly directly out, the airport drop off makes sense. If you are staying in a place other than central Nice there may be a rental drop off nearer to your accommodation (depending on the car rental firm you select via Autoeurope)

Worcester, MA
Destination Expert
for Dordogne
Level Contributor
1,326 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

The easiest and most direct route would be the airport. You can drop off in town, but traffic flow and patterns streets will ba a little trickier but do-able

jhgrady

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

You won't actually be driving an AutoEurope car... very likely the car will be supplied by Europcar. My MO when arriving by car in a city we'll be staying in is to swing by the hotel and drop my wife and luggage. I then drop off the car.

Unlike others, I don't find Nice a difficult city to drive in... check your maps, program your GPS and it's not rocket science. All the big agencies have offices right downtown just off the Promenade des Anglais... could not be easier to find: http://goo.gl/maps/8wT1Y Note that the actual garage to return the car may be a street away... check for the exact address with AutoEurope. You can then find it using Streetview.

What I would NOT do is drop the car at the airport... you'll then have to schlep to your hotel via bus or taxi. Unless you're staying at an airport hotel prior to departure.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
42 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

Thank you all. We are staying in Nice for 3 nights after we drop the car so I will not do the airport. We plan to use the bus and trains to visit the areas around Nice.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

Europecar has an office on the same block as the Le Meridien hotel, opposite the Parc Prince-Albert and just off the Promenade des Anglais. Very handy. Be sure to check the rental company's web site for when the office is open.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

All the major car rental firms have offices in the same area that Catullus mentions. Some are in the same block as Europcar, others just across the park.

9. Re: Car rental drop off in Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2014, 05:16