We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

San Jose
Level Contributor
257 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

We will be in Nice for a couple of days in March.

Taking into account that little time and the time of the year, which area do you recomend us to stay?

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

As you don't mention your budget i'm advising you my favorite one: Le Negresco.

http://www.hotel-negresco-nice.com/en/

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

We need more information in order to make recommendations: your budget (in Euros, please); what kind of amenities you want in a hotel; what you want to do while you're in Nice. Nice is a great place to visit, with lots to do depending on your interests.

San Jose
Level Contributor
257 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

My budget is arround $150 for a couple. I can find the hotel in booking, but I want to know which is the best area to move arround Nice's attractions

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Any central hotel - jean medecin, old town, zone pietonne, carre d'or, musiciens,

-basically within the boundaries of gambetta to the west, port area to the east, north to around Borriglione or valrose tram stop would be easy for walking around

Frankfurt
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

My husband and me want to stay in Nice for 1 week starting from 1.08.2013. We want to have it as cheap as possible. We need only a roof, because the whole day we plan to stay away. Can someone offer us a room for this period of time? Can u tell us if it's possible to place a tent somewhere neat the beach?

many thx in advance

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,441 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

August is the most popular time of the year for travel to the south of France, and finding cheap accommodations this late will not be easy. How cheap, exactly, is cheap to you?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

rua I stayed in the Negresco (luxery hotel) which is one of a series of hotels on the street by the promenade with great views of the beach.

The area around it is convenient.

However, next time I will stay in or near the old town which i found super cute and quaint. I also like the port area but that is a bit further of a walk from the center

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6,048 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay

Anna - please start your own thread. It is not polite to the original poster to hi-jack, also you will get repsonses more geared to yur questions

Frankfurt
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay

oops, sorry, I just didn't want to flood with several topics ;)

Frankfurt
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay

we thought some 35E for a night would be perfect. As I have said already we wanted to travel, not to stay in a room. And as we don't know anyone in Nice I thought to write here, what if some private person could accommodate us. An accommodation for only 1 person is also ok ;)