We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

Ottawa, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

My fiance and I are traveliing to Nice in June and then to Barcelona. We play to stay 6 night in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona.

We are going to fly from Nice to Barcelona...

Does this give us enough time in each place to do some really good sigh seeing?

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,482 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

It's hard to answer your question without knowing just what it is you want to see in each city. I really recommend finding a good guidebook and doing some research; that will help you decide now much time you need. There is a wealth of information available on the tourist web sites of each city, in addition.

Six nights in Nice would be a good start and allow you to visit some of the prime sights in and around that beautiful city.

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

It does depend on your particular interests, but I would be inclined to spend more time in the Nice area than in Barcelona.

There is more variety and more than enough to occupy 6 nights in Nice and the ( very easily accessible) surrounding towns and villages.

6 nights in Barcelona may be a little long unless you plan to travel outside the city (not so easy as in Nice) or to spend time at the beach.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,596 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

No doubt the Barcelona experts will give you plenty of advice on what to see but I would suggest that the 2 towns require a different mental attitude.

Barcelona is a very big city - at least ten times that of Nice , with subways and long distances between sights and an 'in your face' attitude. Treat as you would a visit to London or Paris and prepare to be exhausted. Unlike Nice Barcelona will not leave you much space to chill out ( altho I have spent an afternoon gazing at Gaudi's Sagrada Familia from a cafe across the street).

Sitges and the Montserrat monastery are good places for an out of town visit.

In Nice the well-beaten tourist trail covers, as well as the city sights: Villefranche, Eze, Monaco, St Paul de Vence, Cannes and Antibes as a minimum. .

Ed

Edited: 17 February 2013, 10:24
4. Re: 6 nights in Nice and 6 nights in Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2014, 06:15