We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice on Easter Weekend

Jvo621
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nice on Easter Weekend

We'll be in Nice on Easter Sunday. Arriving on Good Friday actually. What can we expect? Will restaurants be open?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Nice, Eze, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice on Easter Weekend

Nice lives with the tourism

easter week end will be very busy and the beginning of the high season

all restaurants and tourist activities will be open

administration, clothes shop... will be closed sunday and monday

Jvo621
Level Contributor
6 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice on Easter Weekend

Thank you for the information! Now I know what to expect. I'm sure I can take a break from shopping for 2 days but good to know we'll be able to find a place to eat. I didn't realize it was Easter weekend when I chose this week for vacation, I ususally try to avoid traveling around holidays.

Merci!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice on Easter Weekend

Good friday is not a holiday -there are no closures on the saturday and shops restaurants etc don't take the weekend off.

Shops apart from foodshops which are open on Sunday mornings tend to shut on sundays anyway - but there are one or two high street shops open on Jean Medecin normally and some shops catering for tourists will be open in the old town

It is not like a ghost town as people will be out and about

Easter weekend is a time when some things will be shut on the holiday monday because it is a holiday and others will open because it is a holiday monday and the start of the ''season'' . It is too early to know which will open and which will take the holiday

Restaurants will be open if they are normally open on the sunday or monday - few will take it as a holiday. Easter is a popular eat out with the family time.

Buses will be on a sunday service on the sunday and monday-which will only be an issue if you want to go somewhere a bit less traveled

Edited: 15 March 2013, 13:07
Watford, UK
Level Contributor
367 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice on Easter Weekend

In the main, yes. Good Friday, surprisingly, isn't a Bank Holiday in France, and most places will still be open. Easter Sunday is much more of a religious holiday, and most shops will be closed, but bars and restaurants are still open.

5. Re: Nice on Easter Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 March 2014, 04:16