We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to Hotel

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chichester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport to Hotel

Hi,

Myself and my husband are travelling to Nice next week, arriving at Terminal 2 around 9.30am. What is the easiest way to get to the Mercure Nice Prom des Anglais on Rue Halevy? I've read about bus 98 but where would we get off and how long would journey take? We also like the idea of using the local bus if it's not too complicated.

Also, can anyone recommend any restaurants near our hotel?

Would appreciate any info. Thanks

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to Hotel

The Mercure is our hotel in Nice unless we rent an apartment. You'll find any number of cafés and restaurants near the hotel--just turn right on leaving the lobby. That puts you on the rue Halévy, and about 2 blocks along is a modern café that's good for breakfast (the hotel buffet is very good but also expensive). A block more takes you to the pedestrian rue Masséna; our favorite restaurant there is La Pizza, which has a full menu in addition to the world's best pizza (at least of the thousands we've tasted). Nearby is a sister restaurant, Québec, that is also good, especially for onion soup. There are at least four or five other restaurants in the same block.

Of course, you can always walk over to Vieux Nice; that takes about 10 minutes from the hotel. There we love La Voglia, a contemporary Italian restaurant with excellent food and large portions. Off to the left, in the warren of streets, are still more restaurants and cafés. We like L'Ecurie, which serves Niçois and Italian food. It's at 4, rue du Marché. Be sure to look in the windows of the candy shop across from the restaurant--wonderful displays for special occasions.

If you like seafood, and especially shellfish, head to the Café de Turin, near the modern-art museum. Local friends took us there, and the food was excellent.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to Hotel

I'd get off at the Congres Promenade stop and it takes approx 25 minutes depending on traffic. You can use the 4 euro ticket on local buses and trams for the remainder of the day once you revalidate it by inserting it into the validation machines on the buses and trams

3. Re: Airport to Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:18