We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

I have booked a dinner reservation at the Royal Riviera Hotel for Friday 19 July. We plan to travel from Nice on bus 81 to Baie des Fourmis, and then to walk to the Royal Riviera. Our reservation is at 7:30 pm and I'm wondering how we should return to Nice. I know that, typically, taxis need to be pre-booked, which might be difficult not knowing what time we'd be finished dinner; I suppose we could book it to arrive at 10:30 or later and that this would give us ample time to eat. I expect the taxi would be quite costly but, I think I could justify the cost given the time of night. Knowing we have a ride home might make dinner a lot more stress-free. Does anyone know of a reliable taxi service we could pre-book?

The other option, of course, is the train. If my train schedule serves me correctly, west-bound trains stop at Beaulieu-sur-Mer at 9:54, 10:25,11:30 and 11:55 pm. Is it difficult to get from the Royal Riviera to the train station??? Does anyone know the route well enough to give directions? Ideas? Directions? Both are welcome!

Edited: 12 April 2013, 12:28
French Riviera Day Trip from Nice
126 reviews
from US$103.90*
Special Offer
Monaco and Eze Small-Group Day Trip...
631 reviews
from US$98.00*
US$108.90
Special Offer
Provence Countryside Small Group Day...
455 reviews
from US$98.00*
US$108.90
French Riviera Small Group Day Trip...
404 reviews
from US$132.70*
Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

You can take the train or night bus 100 easily

Beaulieu train station is just over 10mins walk along ave fernand dunan then ave des helenes. Turn left up bd du marechal foch and right at place georges clemenceau just after passing under the railway bridge

N100 timetable -if returning very late

cg06.fr/cms/…noctambus_100.pdf

Edited: 12 April 2013, 13:14
Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

This is a huge relief. You have been so helpful in so many ways with the planning of this trip.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,285 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

If you wanted the hotel would call you a taxi which would arrive within a few minutes. When we had flat in Nice, when we phoned for a taxi it usually arrived before we could get to the front door. Cost around 65 euro compared to about two euro each on the train.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

Good information to know. We could plan on the train, knowing that if we didn't feel up to it, we could call a taxi. After SelkiNice's reassuring info re train and Noctobus, I'm thinking that we'll probably save the money.

5. Re: Returning on a Friday Night from Beaulieu-sur-Mer to Nice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 06:16