We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

Hi all

Firstly, good to see all the good advice being given....it has certainly helped me!

I booked a rather improptu short break to Nice arriving on May 1st. Only just after booking did I see the post on here and realised it was Labour Day! I understand that there are now limited options to get from the Airport to the centre of town. I have read about the trains, how to get the station close by etc....thanks for that advice... but as my travelling days as a couple have turned to ones with a young, 9 month old baby, I feel the best way would be to take a taxi or private shuttle.

My question is whether or not to pre book a taxi, at a slighly higher tariff, with a transfer company or to just get a taxi at the airport. Reason being is I will obviously need an infant car seat, so can I get a taxi at the airport with one easily enough?

Also, I have priced up pre bookable transfers with Guidoon. Any feedback on this company? They are offering return, private transfer to and from the airport for 55 Euros. Not bad as suntransfers ask for about 90 Euros inc car seat for infant. Shuttledirect are also reasonable, I have used these in Spain and were ok. Any feedback on their service in France?

Any advice would be appreciated. Suffice to say I am really looking forward to the trip, I once lived and worked in Juan les Pins and Antibes, albeit many years ago now, and still have many fond memories!

Thanks

Rich

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

I don't know either company- but I would pre-book a shuttle on may 1st if i wanted a baby seat and also to saving queueing on arrival

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated! I think i will book a transfer before arrival, i agree it will be easier especially with my daughter!

Last question for now, what time is the first bus to the airport on a Sunday (5th May)

I am staying on rue grimaldi and must be in the airport by about 8am.

Many thanks

Rich

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

the first bus 98 to aiport goes past stops albert 1er or congres/promenade about 5.28am

timetable here

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2098%20ITL%20(au%2015%2011%2012)%20Francais%20Anglais.pdf

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

Hi Rich - how did you get on with an airport transfer in Nice? We've booked to go with a 6 month old in July and will need a baby car seat too...

5. Re: Another May 1st Airport Transfer Question....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 05:15