We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walking Trail In/Near Eze

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Walking Trail In/Near Eze

I came across the post below a while back and was interesting in getting more information about the trail Darth_Feanor describes in post 5 such as (1) how to get to the start of the trail and (2) if the trail is an out-and-back route, a loop, or if there is a jumping off point to another village or sight.

tripadvisor.com/…47280796

We aren't interested in a day-long hike, but we would love to take the walk especially if there are great views to take in. Also, I imagine this isn't the only scenic walk in the area, so if there are another places to enjoy scenic views of villages or the Mediterranean I'd love to hear about them!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
1,246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walking Trail In/Near Eze

So, do not miss the neighbor La Turbie / La Tromphee des Alpes. Simply the best view to Monaco.

Provence Alpes Cote...
Level Contributor
634 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walking Trail In/Near Eze

If you're comfortable enough with French, leaf through the free and excellent "Rando Oxygène" hiking guides to the Alpes-Maritimes: asp.zone-secure.net/v2/index.jsp…

You'll be interested in the Pays Côtier guide, which includes the hike you mentioned above (#19 in the guide), going from Eze-su-Mer all the way up "Sentier Nietzsche" path to Eze-Village. You may welcome a good long lunch pause at Eze-Village after moving vertically :). Views around Mont Bastide are beautiful.

I also highly recommend the hike around the St Jean Cap Ferrat peninsula.

Enjoy!

AzurAlive.com

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
188 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walking Trail In/Near Eze

Thanks, azuralive! I'll try to look through the "Rando Oxygène"; unfortunately, my French reading comprehension is far from what it used to be (and even then I wouldn't call it great). Do you know if there is an English translation of the guide you linked or a similar guide that's in English?

Lyon, France
Destination Expert
for Lyon
Level Contributor
936 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walking Trail In/Near Eze

The trail starting in La Turbie can be done in a loop around the mountain de La Tete du Chien or as a linear walk to Cap d'Ail. The beginning of the trail is marked and rather easy to find. From the centre of La Turbie take Avenue de la Pinede. At the end of this small street you'll see the entrance to the green zone and a sign pole (look the photo) …staticflickr.com/8263/8699102912_feb3634c0f…

Then just follow the directions. The most difficult part will be already in the Cap d'Ail, cause in this posh neighbourhood there are many dead ends and you have to follow the markings very carefully to not lose your time, better still to have a map.

5. Re: Walking Trail In/Near Eze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:18