We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Romantic place in Nice?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Most Romantic place in Nice?

I will be visiting Nice with my boyfriend in late August from the 22nd to the 28th. I wanted to do something to BLOW HIS MIND. Something really romantic that he'll always remember. I just want to make a beautiful memory for us.

I'm looking for idyllic spots and views, somewhere we could watch the sunset/sunrise perhaps. Or maybe a really nice restraunt or picnic spot or something. He's the quiet type so I was thinking kind of secluded and quiet, not to many people around?

He's really appreciative of Art and music and he loves classy things. I just want to find something to do for him in a place he'd adore.

Any ideas?

Bristol, England...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

*Restaurant sorry

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

By "construction", Nice is not really romantic, as it's a very popular and cosmopolitan place.

If I were you, I would rent a car for a day (easy to do online and pick it at Nice-ville train station), and drive to the "arrière-pays niçois" (backcountry), not too far though, to find a nice little village in the mountain, and stop there at a restaurant with music playing maybe.

Such places could be: Vence, Carros, Contes, or even smaller, like Gréolières, Coursegoules, La Colle-sur-Loup. Look it up on Google Maps.

Generally, smaller places in the backcountry will bring you the most memorable times, because you will be surrounded by locals, French food, and more polite people than frustratred waiters dealing with tourists all the time.

Attention, don't drink drive as some of these roads are winding and bordered with cliffs. Wait two hours chatting in the warmth of the evening after drinking a few glasses, like French do, and you should be fine to drive back.

Enjoy!

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,146 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

Two hours after a few glasses of wine you will still be well over the drink drive limit. Depending on the number of glasses you could still be over the next morning. If the French really do that it could be one of the reasons their road deaths are still 50% more than the UK.

There are plenty of romantic places near Nice. If you can afford it a meal on the terrace of the Chevre D'Or or Chateau Eza in Eze would be wonderful, as would a baguette in the cactus garden at the top of the village before the tourists arrive or after they have left in the evening when you would have the village almost to yourselves. There are so many places with magnificent views that it is impossible to select one. Cap Ferrat has many great views and the views from the Haute Corniche, the highest of the roads between Nice and Monaco, are certainly unforgettable.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

<Wait two hours chatting in the warmth of the evening after drinking a few glasses, like French do, and you should be fine to drive back>

That's the most ridiculous advice I have ever encountered on TA!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

<Wait two hours chatting in the warmth of the evening after drinking a few glasses, like French do, and you should be fine to drive back>

What an unbelievably stupid thing to suggest. You have only made 4 posts. Hope it stops there.

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

Drive over to the village of Plascassier, near Grasse, and have dinner at the Michelin-starred Lou Fassum restaurant. There is a beautiful panoramic terrace that gives views out across the valley to the Mediterranean, and it's beautiful in the evening as the lights come on. You could take the train to Mougins and then a taxi to the restaurant if you don't have a car, thus avoiding the drink/drive problem.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

+1 on Lou Fassum. It's fabulous!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

Sorry: I meant take the train to Mouans-Sartoux, not far from Plascassier.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence
Level Contributor
7,421 posts
441 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

Or, take a 10 minute train from Nice to Villefranche and have dinner at La Mere Germaine. Reserve ahead a water front table and get there early, so that you could stroll the streets before dinner.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,666 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most Romantic place in Nice?

A great suggestion from Anna! It's a wonderful spot. Strolling accordion players and a wonderful view.

Maybe a little easier on the pocketbook than Lou Fassum.

I'll throw another one of my fav's into the mix. Josy-Jo In Haute de Cagnes is amazing.....specializing in grilled meats and Michelin starred as well.