We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selkie, just final question (promise)

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Selkie, just final question (promise)

I know this may sound silly but for the coach to Aix (that replaces the train) on the 1st leg of our journey from Nice to Narbonne on the 16th do we get it at the coach station OR because it is replacing the train will those coaches be lined up at the train station?

If it's at the coach station will we be able to pick up the tickets for the full journey or do we need to get the train portions at the train station in Nice or in Aix?

Thank you so much for all your help. You've been fabulous.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

Replacement buses always start directly outside the relevant train station . i've never heard of any starting from a bus station , unless that bus station is directly adjoining.

The sncf site says Nice ville and Autocar [where it would normally say TER or TGV ] and the relevant number they use to identify the service.

If they wanted to start the bus from the coach station [which is a considerable distance away], they would have to specify exactly where , as even a lot of locals would not have a clue where to go.

Do you have any more info on booking confirmation or tickets [if you have them]? Do you have to pick up your tickets from the machines or counter?

Edited: 08 June 2013, 05:43
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

We pick them up at the counter. American credit cards don't have a chip and pin (or so Chase told me when I tried to get one a few weeks ago). Even though the site says the card must be chip at both machine and counter, "seat 61" instructions say they will accept American non chip cards at the counter. I'm bringing a copy of the deduction from my card to prove payment.

The barge folks told us to take the later bus (10 something) and arrive in Narbonne at 4:55. You (and we agree) that is cutting it close but they suggested it so ........... They even said to give them the coach/carriage number and they would take the luggage from the train for us! On the page we printed from the website (saying we were complete) are the 4 digits before the seat number the individual carriage number?

I know I sound like a dunce but the only train I've ever taken was in the UK years ago and it was very straight forward. My traveling companion hasn't taken any train other than the NYC subway so this is all new to us. Something that is "obvious" to most is not obvious to us.

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

We pick them up at the counter. American credit cards don't have a chip and pin (or so Chase told me when I tried to get one a few weeks ago). Even though the site says the card must be chip at both machine and counter, "seat 61" instructions say they will accept American non chip cards at the counter. I'm bringing a copy of the deduction from my card to prove payment.

The barge folks told us to take the later bus (10 something) and arrive in Narbonne at 4:55. You (and we agree) that is cutting it close but they suggested it so ........... They even said to give them the coach/carriage number and they would take the luggage from the train for us! On the page we printed from the website (saying we were complete) are the 4 digits before the seat number the individual carriage number?

I know I sound like a dunce but the only train I've ever taken was in the UK years ago and it was very straight forward. My traveling companion hasn't taken any train other than the NYC subway so this is all new to us. Something that is "obvious" to most is not obvious to us.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

Hi, don't feel like a dunce. Its all new to you and not the easiest weekend for travel , with all the re-arrangements. I understand how worrying being unsure of a stage of the journey can be.

Since you are picking you tickets up at the counter, pick them up early evening the night before and they should verify where the bus will pick you up.

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

Thanks!!!!

6. Re: Selkie, just final question (promise)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2014, 06:16