We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Traffic Control Strike

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Topic
Air Traffic Control Strike

We were due to arrive in Nice on Tuesday 11th June, just had an email from easyjet saying flights cancelled due to Air Traffic Control strike Tuesday 11th Wednesday 12th and possibly Thursday 13h and Friday 14th June has anyone heard about the planned strikes

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

yes, unfortunately air traffic control have submitted a strike announcement- easyjet, unfortunately, often cancel flights in advance rather than waiting and seeing if a strike takes place

can you change your date of accomodation?

Llandudno, United...
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

Hi Thanks for your reply. We have booked a Kyriad Hotel but through Travel Republic website phoned them today so they could let the hotel know we will be arriving Thursday and not Tuesday. We are so disappointed as we having been planning our Trip to Nice since last October.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

what a shame.

I hope the rest of your holiday goes really well

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

If you have travel insurance you might be able to make a claim...it could pay for a nice meal.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

I wonder if they stop to think, even for a moment, about the grief they are going to inflict on thousands of people who have planned and saved for a break from the treadmill. Must be great to be able to throw a tantrum and walk out on strike for 3 days. Wish I was that highly paid...

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

Sorry to hear about your trip Bernie. We got caught up with this as well. We were able to rebook into Heathrow and we'll take the Eurostart. Nothing like scrambling 2 days before we leave!

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
10,457 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

I hear this morning there is to be a national train strike too. What a wonderful welcome for France's tourists - the world's largest tourist destination maybe not for long.

Ed

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

No point in having a strike unless it impacts on the public.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
562 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

Lordy, this was my plan "B." Busses still good?? :)

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
121 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Traffic Control Strike

I contacted Eurostar this am and they told me the French train strike is not expected to impact Eurostar. Hope this is true. 😄 Best of luck to everyone.