We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South Bend, IN USA
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mougins or Valbonne or .....

I am planning to take a couple days to visit Biot, Vallauris, and Grasse, with a car. We will be based in Nice. I am looking for a small village in that area, to stay overnight and have a lovely meal, with hotel and restaurant close enough for walking, not wanting to drive after a few glasses of wine.

What experiences have folks have with restaurants and hotels in Mougins and Valbonne? What other villages in that area might I want to visit for an overnight stay, as possible alternatives?

Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Stay at Les Armoiries in Valbonne. A lovely spot right on the village square with numerous restaurants ringing the square and up and down the sidestreets.

Takapuna, New...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

It depends a bit on your budget, but for some luxury and pampering I recommend Le Mas Candille in Mougins.

http://www.lemascandille.com/uk/index.php

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187232-d239229…

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,210 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

I second Les Armoires and dinner perhaps at the Bistro de Valbonne.

Vallauris would not be on my list, but Mougins would be. It's pretty pricey there, however.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Le Bistro de Valbonne is excellent. Not on the square.....down one of the sidestreets just off the square. They have a few tables on the street that are lovely.

The OP mentioned wanting to visit Biot and Vallauris, so I am guessing an interest in pottery....

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,210 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Vallauris is excellent for pottery--not to mention the National Ceramic Museum and the adjacent museum with Picasso's huge War and Peace mural. But less excellent for an overnight spot. Biot has a fine glass-blowing workshop just below the perched village, adjacent to the International Art Glass Museum: our favorite in the area.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,258 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Yes...Vallauris is one of the lesser lights of the Cote D'Azur...and I used to live there! But up high...well above the village. And I have to admit....I like the little village.

But the pottery & the Picasso connection is very cool.

Could you imagine living in that guy's head? So creative and in so many mediums. We were at MOMA in NYC not long ago looking at his very early work.....stunning.

South Bend, IN USA
Level Contributor
184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

Many thanks for these suggestions. I had planned to look for the ceramics in Vallauris, including the Picasso Museum - and glassware in Biot and the Fernand Leger museum as well. I have been aware of the Hotel Les Amorires in Valbonne, so appreciate the recommendation.

8. Re: Mougins or Valbonne or .....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18