We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Rent a Car at Nice Airport - Hertz Handles Bookings

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Rent a Car at Nice Airport - Hertz Handles Bookings

I am posting this to give a heads up to other renters. We rented a car from Dollar at the Nice Airport for our recent trip. We arrived and followed signs to the car rentals hall only to find that there is no Dollar car rental desk there. I asked at the AutoEurope desk and overheard the gentleman in front of me in line with the same problem, Where is Dollar? AutoEurope did not handle Dollar reservations. My spouse nearly 40 minutes on hold with the airline through which I had booked the car, only to be told they had no record of our reservation. Checked the Dollar website and it lists a location at Nice Airport, but gave no specifics as to it's location within the airport ( it is pretty small). My spouse got on hold with Dollar while I ran to the Information Desk at the terminal, where I was advised to check AutoEurope, which I had already done. An employee in the rental car park area had never heard of them. Our written confirmation of the booking simply said " Dollar Nice Airport". Finally, spouse got through to Dollar and they said that Hertz handles all their bookings at Nice. And so it was. Hertz had our booking and we had no further issues. But, it was a very frustrating experience and a waste of nearly two hours. Dollar's website should clarify that the Dollar outlet at the airport is really Hertz, or Hertz should post a sign there that they handle Dollar. Hope this one day helps someone else.

New York
Level Contributor
550 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Rent a Car at Nice Airport - Hertz Handles Bookings

Thanks for the heads-up. We will be renting a car there in May and it's good to know even if we don't rent from dollar. The same may be true for other rental agents.

2. Re: Dollar Rent a Car at Nice Airport - Hertz Handles Bookings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:20