We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 Days in and around Nice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
4 Days in and around Nice

Hi everyone,

I've looked through the forums but could not find exactly what i was after. I will have 4 days staying in Nice (with a car) and would like to find out the must see things. I am happy to go driving out into the country and would rather see things more interesting, beautiful and cultural rather than big speedboats. It is a relaxing trip but i love a bit of exploring.

Thank you

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Given the excellent train and bus system, it is not necessary to rent a car. It largely depends on exactly where you decide to go during your stay. In 4 days, you could easily take day trips to Eze, Villefranche/Cap le Ferret, and/or Anitbes/Juan Les Pins, and also spend 1-2 days in Nice itself.

If you don't want to see speedboats, glitz, and glamour, then don't travel to Monaco. Easy decision.

UK
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Many cultural things of interest in Nice:

Art courtesy of Chagall, Matisse, the Museum of Modern Art, the Museum of Naif Art.

The daily open air market in Cours Saleya.

The colourful narrow streets of the Old Town.

People watching on the Promenade des Anglais and at some of the many bars and cafés.

Enjoying Niçoise cuisine at some of the many restaurants in the city.

Day-trips to Saint-Paule-de-Vence, Antibes and Villefranche-sur-Mer.

More than enough to pass 4 days and not a yacht in sight!

California
Destination Expert
for Grasse
Level Contributor
8,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

What are your interests--art, history, museums, architecture, scenery? Knowing that will help us to give good recommendations. There is SO much to see in the Nice area!

Belfast, N.Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

We did a really good food/wine tour in Nice, it helped get our bearings for the place and introduced us to the culture of Nice. Definitely worth doing!

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Can you elaborate on the good food/wine tour and how to book it? Thanks.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Yes, please, if you have specifics about the food/wine tour that would be appreciated.Sounds like a great way to get acquainted with an area!

Kuala Lumpur...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Hi, I'm trying to plan a last minute 4 day trip down to Nice myself going on 15th July Monday . Currently in Lyon. Haven't booked anything and on a tight budget. Any suggestions as to where affordable accommodation can be found with convenient access to trains/buses to get to the places of interests in Nice. I see some very good suggestions here but will need to get a place first. Anyone going there at the same time duration and need company or share expenses will be greatly appreciated!

Edited: 11 July 2013, 21:40
Arad, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Using trip advisor last time we booked at Espirit d'Azur and it was pretty nice . I believe it is a 2 star. Perhaps you might want to define how budget you are going for. This time we booked at Victor Hugo which is cheaper. The further out from the center of town the cheaper the hotels are. If you go to the surrounding towns and villages price goes down even further.What are your priorites, location, service, nice, rooms, price?

Kuala Lumpur...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

Thank for the response, Shahama1. I don't mind the distance as long as the hotel is near a train or bus station. And it's clean . How much was Esprit d'Azur and Victor Hugo and is it near to a commute terminal? Appreciate your comments.

Arad, Israel
Level Contributor
62 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 Days in and around Nice

At the time Espirit was 105 Euros. I suggest you use TA or Booking.com to find it on the map and check out prices and availability. Price depends on time of year and what level of room you pick. I wrote a review for it.

I think Victor Hugo may be in a slightly more convenient locations both to beach and main train station. It also received good reviews.