We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
61 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Saint Jean Cap Ferret

We are staying in Nice and are thinking of visiting Saint Jean Cap Ferret on Sat., Aug. 3. We would like to see the Grande Nuit Vénitienne - Parade, torchlight procession, venitian masks, brass band, Big firework... - Free entrance downtown. During the day we thought of visiting the Rothschild Mansion. We have access to a car. Should we drive or take public transit? The festivities begin around 9:30. When would the last bus leave the area? If we drove, is there possibility of parking? Where should we eat between the mansion visit and the festivities?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Last bus from St Jean to Nice is around 20.25, so no go on bus back to Nice; however, it would be possible to get the bus to Villa Rothschild, then walk from there to St Jean, to eat at one of the many restaurants on the sea front - we like La Goelette. You could then walk back after the Parade to Beaulieu using Promenade Maurice Rouvier (see Google maps), to catch the train back to Nice - the last trains are at 11.25 and 11.55 to Nice. The walk to Beaulieu should be given around 40 minutes from St Jean to the train station to make it leisurely but is very attractive and well lit at night ( you also pass the Villa previously owned by the actor, David Niven).

We did this walk last Saturday in order to see an evening of Opera being performed in St Jean, have a meal and a glass of wine without worrying about driving back to Nice - it was a good night out, we even saw the Fete National fireworks in Beaulieu from the walk!

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Nice
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

jtpj,

It's so good to know that the walk along "Maurice Rouvier" is well-lit at night - thanks!

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
61 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Fantastic information. Thank you so much.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Does this happen every Sat?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Thanks sockhopper.

It is a favourite night out for us to take bus 81 (from the Port where we stay) to St Jean for the evening;eat ,then walk back to Beaulieu to get the train back to Nice.

Last Saturday night, although it is the heart of the tourist season, it was still able to turn up without a reservation and eat at a restaurant with a fantastic view out to sea and towards LaTurbie and Monaco.

St Jean really is a little gem. We often combine an evening eating there with a walk around Cap Ferrat itself - around one hour -although not usually at this time of the year: we are Northern Europeans and prefer it a bit cooler for walking any distance!

Hope you are enjoying your decision to re-settle in Nice. We are not quite at that stage yet; however, we should be within the next year or so.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

You can also pick up the night bus N100 from Beaulieu on Thursday? Friday, Saturday and night before french public holiday

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Thank you SelkieNice,

Can you tell me what time the nightbus leaves Beaulieu?

PS I believe we are from the same Northern European country?!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Hi , yes , we are from the same Northern European country ;)

Unfortunately the cg06.fr site seems to be down for maintenance as quite a few buses change timetables today. Or it could be because i am currently using a phone as my computer is in a sea of boxes and not connected up yet

Try the cg06 site under servir les habitants, then deplacement then transport t collective , then horaires et lignes. The N100 is at the bottom left . I think that should work once the site is back up

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Thanks again, I'll try that.

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
61 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saint Jean Cap Ferret

Once again, I appreciate all the input about our trip to Saint Jean Cap Ferret. You all have given me a complete guide to navigating this spot.