We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
77 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport

I am going to Villefranche in September for 3rd time and having previously used trains and bus quite regularly I am wondering whether it is possible to buy a ticket which is valid for a full week and which I can use on both.

Thanks.

Montreal, QC
Destination Expert
for Nice
Level Contributor
3,304 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport

Unfortunately no. There is a 7 days bus pass for 15 euro. Its validity period starts as soon as you have it validated in a bus. No short term passes for train.

California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport

What is the best way at 7:00 pm to get from airport to Villefranche? Thank you.

California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport

What is the best way at 7:00 pm to get from airport to Villefranche? Thank you.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,215 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport

In theory it is to go to Nice St Augustin train station (a 15 min walk from terminal 1) and catch the 19.57 which gets to Villefranche at 20.13 but, recently, I have found the trains to be anything but reliable. For four euros you can get bus No98 from either terminal to Nice bus station and then bus No100 to Villefranche but the last bus to Villefranche leaves at 20.00.

Provided you are on the bus at the airport by 19.30 you would be safe in catching the 20.00 to Villefranche. After this time, I would get bus No99 to Nice train station and hope to catch a train there. If there are problems with the trains when you get there, you can at least get a taxi for about 25/30 euros rather than the 50/60 it will cost from the airport. Another problem is that the 20.20 from Nice does not stop at Villefranche but the 21.17 does.

I use the train regularly and most are on time or up to 20 mns late but the occasional train seems to get swallowed up in the local equivalent of the Bermuda Triagle and doesn't turn up at all!

For train times see www.regionpaca.fr

5. Re: Public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 04:16