We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, St. Paul de Vence and Cannes in one day?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NY/London
Level Contributor
52 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Nice, St. Paul de Vence and Cannes in one day?

Is it possible to take a bus or train from Nice to St. Paul de Vence, and then a bus or train on to Cannes? Back to Nice in the evening?

Travelling tomorrow

Thanks in advance

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice, St. Paul de Vence and Cannes in one day?

It is, and I might suggest adding Antibes or Vence to your day. You can drop or add destinations depending upon how your day goes, amd here's how I would consider this itinerary:

1) From Nice, take the 400 bus directly to St. Paul. This is where you will probably want to spend most of your time, so I'd start there, and as your day goes on, you can decide on the rest of your destinations. I would start in St. Paul because the bus is direct from Nice and it's the one place I wouldn't drop. I would also suggest that you visit the Foundation Maeght where you will see one of the most unusual and fun art collections I've seen in one place. At the St. Paul post office bus stop, the Foundation is uphill and in the opposite direction from St. Paul. As an FYI, the 400 bus continues to Vence after St. Paul, so you could also consider that option after St. Paul. If you do this, you will be heading towards "destination overload," and it might mean dropping or shortening your time somewhere else.

2) Take the 400 bus from St. Paul (or Vence) in the other direction to the Cagnes sur Mer train station. The stop is on the corner of a covered parking area in front of the station and just past where the bus makes a turn from the road coming down the hill from St. Paul.

3) Take the train to Cannes or Antibes, depending on how you want to prioritize these destinations. You can also take the 100 bus from Cagnes sur Mer and some travelers and contributors like that option. I'm prefer train travel, however, and that's how I make this trip, but either the bus or the train will work.

4) Cannes and Antibes are close together and I travel this distance on the 200 bus. Personally, I would end my day in Cannes with a sunset dinner in one of the cities beach level or La Croisette restaurants. Briand (from Antibes towards Cannes) and Dugommier (from Cannes towards Antibes) are the stops I use and to get to Antibes' old town the harbor and the Picasso museum, I walk through the plaza with the fountains that you will find around the corner. You can hear the fountains from the bus stops, so this isn't difficult. These stops are diagonal from each other and they're sheltered...you'll find them. In Cannes, I board at the Gare Routiere, which is a spot with open air bus stalls close to the harbor and the Hotel Ville, and if I remember correctly, the 200 bus stop is near the Coquillage Brun restaurant. The bus drivers are very helpful, so if I'm fuzzy on this, you can ask for help in finding the 200 stop. Cannes is where the 200 route originates, so when I've traveled, the bus is usually parked while the driver takes his break. This, too, is easy.

cg06.fr/fr/…

5) Take the train from your last destination to Nice.

Hope this helps and have a great trip!

2. Re: Nice, St. Paul de Vence and Cannes in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 05:16