We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice in 3 days of September

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Nice in 3 days of September

Hi

My mate and i are doing the busabout alpine pass and stopping in Nice for 3 days.

Where to go, what to see and most importantly where to eat!?

I want to experience a vinyard picnic, wine, cheese, pate, macarons & figs! We are staying at a hostel but havent booked yet in case we get some advise to move around from this.

Would just love to enjoy the food and relax in the sun for a few days

Thanks for your help!

Em x

PS: We are both 25 yr old girls :)

Edited: 25 July 2013, 04:39
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice in 3 days of September

This link should help you with the vineyard part of your trip, but you may need a car to get to these destinations:

frenchriviera-tourism.com/what-to-do/vineyar…

As for what else to see? lots of places! It sounds like you might be 'foodies," and TBH, I don't think I've had a bad meal in the Cote d'Azur. In Nice, I'd head towards the Cours Salaya where you will find a number of outdoor restaurants; travel to Antibes and dine in its old town; in Cannes, you can enjoy lovely ocean view dining with a "beach" setting; and in Villefranche, find one of the harbor restaurants...and that's just for starters. You'll find wonderful markets and delis throughout the region, and on a budget, I'm a pretty happy traveler with a simple ham and butter sandwich or a pizza, and a glass of Provence rose (don't miss trying these!) or another beverage.

The region's public transportation system is excellent and inexpensive, and to give you an idea of how closely connected the resorts are, you can travel from Cannes to Monte Carlo in about an hour. Buses take you inland to the mountain villages, and from Nice, the routes are direct to Eze Village (82) and St. Paul de Vence (100) To get you started, here is how I get around and find my way from the train stations and bus stops to the parts of the towns I want to visit:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187216-i137-k4846…

I'm based in Cannes when I travel, but I've included tips on how things might be different from Nice.

Here is a post I made this morning about how I'd visit Eze Village and Monte Carlo from Nice:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k6702…

Hope this gets you started and have a wonderful trip!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice in 3 days of September

For eze village from Nice - bus 82 or 112

For st paul de vence from Nice - bus 400

for monaco from Nice - bus 100 or 112 [goes via Eze village]

If you are staying in a hostel, i am assuming you are looking at a more budget stay. Vineyard viists [which can be pricey or difficult to arrange for individuals rather than groups] are usually geared at tasting and buying wine and picnics under the vines are not the norm.

Why not go for an olive grove picnic instead and take your picnic to Cimiez olive grove beside the matisse museum.

or go to one of the Iles de lerins off the coast of cannes , or into the mountains etc

what else interests you?

eg

art, history, mountains, scenery, mediaeval villages, architecture, churches, boats, advneture sports etc

3. Re: Nice in 3 days of September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 06:21