We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice - family of five - tight budget

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Nice - family of five - tight budget

Hi we are staying in Nice for 5 days (August 24th to 29th). We are staying on Rue Rossini at Hotel Le Lausanne. Our flight arrives at 7pm on Saturday 24th so no sight seeing except to find something to eat! Looking at eating out for breakfast(Hotel charges 13 euros each for breakfast) - any recommendations for breakfast near Rue Rossini for family on a tight budget?.

I am trying to put together a teenager friendly (17,15 and 12 ) itinerary together. The kids dont mind museums but not every day. Looking at taking a day trip out to monte carlo. Hubby and I want to go there by train , kids want to go by boat.

Not sure what to do for the other days!

advice and recommendations appreciated - thank you in advance x

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

calmk, who did you book your transfers with ? (we are also a family of 5 arriving in Nice this week)

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

Hi Jock70, I have sent you private message as i dont think i can advertise the companies we contacted for quotes. the prices ranged from £88 to £153.

Orlando, Florida
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

FinlandTimo - I'm going to Nice in September, fabulous info. THANK YOU!

Edited: 07 August 2013, 14:31
Dublin
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

I am trying to book accommodation in Nice in September but finding all the rental sites very misleading as the price you see seems to have lots of extras involved like cleaning towels, bed linen, some even have insurance. Is Antibes or Cagnes cheaper than Nice?

North Wales
Level Contributor
754 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

Have a look at Marineland/Aquasplash etc. near Antibes. Also a funfair and three superb crazy golf courses. The teenagers would love it, but it isn't cheap, If you decide to do it - travel is easy: train to Biot station from Nice, then a 5 minute walk.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

thanks to all for the good adviceon this forum. we had a lovely holiday - walked down to the promenade or old town for breakfast each morning from our hotel on Rue Rossini. had a day out to monaco and cannes using the local bus. lovely weather every day and even after eating beautiful food on holiday i have lost weight from all the walking we have done.

17. Re: Nice - family of five - tight budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 05:17