We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lavender Fields near Nice?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Lavender Fields near Nice?

Hello everyone. Is there any Lavender fields that are close to Nice and if so are they rather easy to get to? At this point in the season are they still nice to see or is it to late into the summer? I love taking photos and thought it would be a nice early morning trip while the family is still sleeping to take some photos. I thank you for all your help.

Jason

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,887 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

No lavender left. And it is rare around Nice. Only on St Honorat.

Edited: 15 August 2013, 03:53
Destination Expert
for Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
3,637 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

Although the Lavender harvest was quite late this year, I seriously doubt that there are many fields that have not yet to be harvested. Also,keep in mind that the area near Nice is not the region where Lavender is grown as a serious crop.

You will have to leave the Riviera / Cote d'Azur, where you are staying, and explore parts of Provence - especially on the Vaucluse plateau, and in the Drome and Gard departements, to the North of Nimes - if you really want to explore the region where lavender is grown.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
8,408 posts
479 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

Valensole Plateau, which is about an hour northeast of Aix, but I think you may have blown the blooming season.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
551 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

Thank you all for your responses. I have a little better understanding of this now. I will read more about it and have to plan for that in a future trip. Thank you all again.

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

You missed the views but it is not too late to get the real benefits of lavender.

I always keep a bottle of essential oils for regular BUT moderate use.Liver could be upset.

In winter, I also enjoy making lavender tea with the dryed flowers.

Lavender honey is my favourite.

organicfacts.net/organic-oils/natural-essent…

6. Re: Lavender Fields near Nice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 06:19