We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying filled baguettes near Gare Nice-Ville

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buying filled baguettes near Gare Nice-Ville

I'm heading back home this Saturday on the TGV, and am going to need something to sustain me on the 09:34 - 15:11 journey to Paris (and then on to the Eurostar). I don't know the area around Nice-Ville at all (my explorations of Nice this week have just taken me to the port, vielle ville, and Cimiez). So, Nice experts, if you we're looking to buy a decent filled baguette (and probably a little tarte of some sort) within a smallish radius of Nice-Ville, where would you go?

(I'm starting my morning journey in VSM, right by the train station, so no chance to get anything before I get to N-V. But I've given myself an hour or so between arriving and departing N-V, to be on the safe side...)

Mentioned in this post
TGV
TGV
1,313 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,129 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying filled baguettes near Gare Nice-Ville

Pretty sure you can get what you are looking for at Flunch in the station.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying filled baguettes near Gare Nice-Ville

there is a small place that does filled baguettes within the station precincts. Additionally the cafe de la gare does filled baguettes etc

There are also a variety of snack bars on Avenue Thiers which do filled baguettes to take away plus a mon'op small monoprix.

slighlty further afield there are several proper boulangeries and a good non tourist market on ave malaussena and bd joseph garnier

3. Re: Buying filled baguettes near Gare Nice-Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 05:18