We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a bus card for all the buses?

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a bus card for all the buses?

I thought I read about a bus card with discount, 10 tickets or one card for a few days. But when I asked the tourist information office, I was told there isn't such card for all buses. I am staying in Nice for two weeks, would like to take bus trips to Antibes, Villefranche, Vence etc., don't like to buy ticket on each bus, any good advice? Thanks

Finland
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a bus card for all the buses?

There is an English language website www.lignesdazur.com (change language by clicking the union jack flag in the upper right corner).

lignesdazur.com/ftp/documents_EN/Flyer%20tar… explains the fares and different ticket types.

The multi-day passes or multi-ticket cards apply on all lines with the 1,50 ticket price, including Tramway and Lignesdazur buses, included TAM buses to nearby towns such as Cannes, Antibes, Monaco/M-C, Menton etc. I think the most important matter to understand is that lines 98 and 99 from the airport are not included, as the fare is 6 euros/person/direction.

Maybe some local experts can tell if there are any other (relevant) bus lines where the 1,50 euros fare does not apply. Of course long-distance buses are not included.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a bus card for all the buses?

Thank you very much, it was very helpful information

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a bus card for all the buses?

No,

the multi day passes and multi tickets only apply within the NCA area - that is as far west as cagnes sur mer , as far east as cap d'ail , north to vence and st jeannet but not st paul de vence.

You can also use multi10s or multi day tickets to eze village, villefranche, beaulieu, cap ferrat etc

You can physically puit a multi day or multi10 ticket in a machine in Nice and have it validated as the machines don;t know the destination in your head but if you go to cannes, antibes, st paul de vence, menton, monaco etc with it, you risk an insrtant fine.

Instead you must pay the driver 1euro50 or use a Ticket azur [prepurchased from a ticket office if you are planning to make a connection to the longer distance line after using a bus or tram in the NCA]

There is a card Carte Azur /carte orange for all of the interdepartmental [exTAM buses], inter urban NCA ligne d'azur, envibus, and monaco buses but it costs 365 euros/per year or 40/month.. Unfortunately sillages, carf/zest and cannes buses did not get on board the full regional card and this appears to have had a knock on effect on the potential for a true regional card for all the buses, and shorter versions for day or week

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
8,679 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a bus card for all the buses?

Antibes area buses vary from the 1.5 euro rule - the fare is 1 euro. In Monaco it is 2 euro, residents can probably afford this.

Personally I find buying individual tickets on the bus easy enough - the driver will give change within reason. I am amazed at the contortions and planning some tourists go through to save a few cents. My old granny taught me to be thrifty too but I really don't know what to do with those sacks of small copper euro cents I have accumulated.

Ed

5. Re: Is there a bus card for all the buses?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:18