We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,821 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Having researched taxis from airport have come accross Guidoon who have quoted 60 euros return for 2 passengers which seems very reasonable (in comparison to other prices I have seen). Has anyone used them and found them reliable? Any alternatives? My wife is keen on a bus but I am lazy!

Surrey, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Back in April I booked Nice airport transfers to Nice Center for 6 people for June 18th with Guidoon. and I am now suspicious of the Guidoon reputation. There have been conflicting reports and I cannot bring up their website any longer. Are they in business or not? I do not want to be left stranded at the Nice airport after a13 hour flight!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,887 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Their website works fine.

Not sure why you would you would book this "service" to travel 6 kms.

Its so easy to get into NIce from the airport.

Surrey, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

I have tried repeatedly to get to their website today, guidoon.com but have not been connected. What website are you using? I heard that taxis are less cost effective than arranging transport and have no intention of busing it at 8pm. I'm not a kid anymore!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,887 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

It's 7 kms.

Taking a bus doesn't mean you are a kid. It means you are sensible.

A taxi is about 30 euros.

www.guidoon.com works fine.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

I organised 5 trips to/from airport from Juan-les-Pins over a 2 week period at the end of May 2014.

All worked like clockwork, they were on time, cost effective. One of the drivers drove a bit too quickly and made my parents nervous, which isn't great, but it's generally a good cost effective service. I'd book again without hesitation.

Surrey, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Thank you for the feedback. The manager at the apartment I am staying in in Nice got in touch with the company and they said we are on the schedule to be picked up on Wednesday. So it seems I had gotten myself worried for nothing. I will report back if all goes smooth…or not.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Your price to JLP was very good, cote d'Azur regular. IMO the comments here are positive. Generally experience with private transfers is mixed (in this area). One if the main problems is non-contact ability of anyone when e.g. drivers fail to turn up. I have experienced drivers going to the wrong terminal (misread flight number) , drivers double booked so I have had to accompany a couple going to Nice before I was driven to Antibes -opposite direction. Not to mention total failure to turn up. Presumably because the company got a more lucrative trip to St Tropez rather than Antibes. None of these problem journeys involved Guidoon but I do believe they are par for the course.

Ed

Saint Paul Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
63 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Last week, we used Guidoon for transportation (3 people) from the Nice airport to our hotel in Cap d'Ail, and the return to the aiport a few days later. We had excellent service. The price was a fixed rate, paid in advance, by credit card. It was cheaper than all estimates we had received for a taxi. The driver met us at the airport, and for the return, he arrived on time at our hotel. The vehicles are new and clean. Driver was very friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend Guidoon.

Antibes, France
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

Most travellers who read these posts will be interested in the price you paid?

Ed

Surrey, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Guidoon transfer from Airport to Nice

This post is long overdue but I felt I had to report that both our pick up at the Nice airport on June 17th and return trip to the airport on June 25th went very smooth using the services of Guidoon. They were prompt, professional and courteous, everything we had hoped for. I also would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone looking for transportation services on the Cote d'Azur.