We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current weather

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
current weather

Hello

We are going to Nice this Saturday and although the forecast says 25degrees sunny would like to find out anyway whats the weather like and anyone knows what type of clothes to pack ie summer clothes or not too summery??

Thanks for any info and advice.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current weather

<We are going to Nice this Saturday and although the forecast says 25degrees sunny would like to find out anyway whats the weather like>

I am in Nice at the moment. Weather is sunny and warm - ideal for walking around outside (not too hot). I am wearing shirt or tee-shirt and shorts. Forecast is the same for the next few days.

<anyone knows what type of clothes to pack ie summer clothes or not too summery?>

Summer clothes. It's a bit cooler after dark so you may need something for that.

<Thanks for any info and advice>

Be prepared for crowds, din (motorbikes) and chaos. Fortunately, there are still a few places where you can escape from all three.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current weather

What sort of chaos Colin?

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current weather

What kind of chaos? what kind of crowds?

Motorbikes tend not to be a problem , noisy scooters are an issue everywhere in the south. Unfortunately caltrops are not a legal solution

Edited: 19 September 2013, 14:20
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: current weather

I returned from Nice a week ago and the weather was very similar, summery clothes is fine. See my report below for further info:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187234-i138-k68…

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: current weather

< What sort of chaos Colin? >

Traffic chaos, mainly.

Ireland
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: current weather

The promenade des anglais is always busy with traffic, but that doesn't have to impinge on you. Despite being busy it is still a really nice walk on the promenade. Avenue Jean Medecin is quiet now as it just has trams. The Old town is pretty much free of traffic.

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: current weather

<What kind of chaos?>

Traffic chaos. Almost the whole city is essentially just an enormous scrapyard where it's impossible to move about in a sane, sensible and normal fashion. The situation is grotesque and beyond absurdity.

Brussels is bad enough, but Nice reaches levels of aggressiveness, thuggishness and indifference to others (in the public space) that I haven't encountered anywhere else. In its present state, it must rank as one of the most unpleasant places I have ever been.

The only reasonable and tolerable areas are Vieux Nice, rue Masséna / rue de France pedestrian zone, place Masséna, and the streets along the route of the tram including avenue Jean Médecin.

By some miracle, I have a room (in the Adagio Acropolis) which looks out over an inside courtyard and is perfectly quiet.

<what kind of crowds?>

Trams so packed that it is impossible to get on, despite the fact that they come so frequently. Vieux Nice yesterday was at times like Venice in the week before Easter (when I was there a couple of years ago). The scrum at the stop for bus 100 to Villefranche this morning (though the bus driver and his assistant showed admirable patience in dealing with it).

<Motorbikes tend not to be a problem , noisy scooters are an issue everywhere in the south.>

The roar of motorbikes and the whine of scooters / mopeds is almost incessant anywhere within earshot of a major road.

My first visit to Nice was for the carnival in February 1973. I thought it was an attractive, calm and beautiful city. I have been back a couple of times since, though the most recent occasion was well over 10 years ago. I very much doubt if I will come here again.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Destination Expert
for Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: current weather

For the OP, yes the weather is lovely and we are still in summery clothes and open sandals. The evenings are much cooler and a cardigan or wrap would be sensible. Long trousers in the evening for the gents.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
61 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: current weather

Hi all,

Thank you for the info.

Bags are packed and now only one day at work and Nice here we come!!

:-)

Belfast
Level Contributor
477 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: current weather

Enjoy and may the good weather last as I'm coming next Saturday.

Ignore all the negative comments above, Nice is a great place. Don't miss a visit to Chateau Hill.