We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

name on train tickets

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
California
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
name on train tickets

I bought tickets online for Villefranche to Avignon. When The reservation printed out it has my name for both tickets. Is this a problem. When booking I put both our names but there was only one line and it did not show my husbands on the receipt I printed out. We are to pick them up from the machine or station desk. I guess I could cancel them and start over. Are the tickets specific to a person like an airline ticket? Thank you.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,545 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: name on train tickets

well, tickets purchased in person have no names, and conductors don't check ID's, unless you are buying discount tickets that require them, like senior, student or special discount cards.

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: name on train tickets

I don't think you have a problem. The only time you *might* be asked for ID is when you are actually completing the purchse and even then probably not. You will however have to present the confirmation AND the same credit card used to make the online purchase. If either of those is not presented - no tickets.

If you were travelling with self-generated printed tickets you would have to present ID when the tickets are checked on the train.

You will not be able to use the automatic machines as they will not work with US magnetic strip cards (antiquated technology). You can probably get your tickets at the station in V-s-M and thus avoid possible long lines at the Nice station. If not there is an SNCF "boutique" in Nice which could do the same for you. Search the forum for < SNCF boutique > and you should find more info about its location.

Good luck!

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: name on train tickets

Home printed tickets are nomative so the name on them is important. Tickets printed by the SNCF and picked up at the train station are not nomative and the name only reflects the person that made the reservation. You will have no worries. Happy travels :)

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: name on train tickets

Welcome home, MorganB! Hope your trip went well...

Paris
Level Contributor
1,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: name on train tickets

Thanks :) Spent 3 weeks in the US with family. Was a nice trip.

6. Re: name on train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 09:20