We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train des Merveilles

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Train des Merveilles

If anybody is planning to use this train, then I would recommend that you pick up the latest timetable (05) from the station. I printed off a timetable before I left last week, which was supposed to go up to the end of December 2013, but it was replaced on 25 August 2013 by a new version. I'm not sure how much has changed, but certainly the trains back to Nice from Peille in the afternoon are different.

The timetable displayed in the window of the ticket office in Peille (which was closed) was the out of date version! The new timetable is, however, displayed on the platform. Very confusing!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,230 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train des Merveilles

The online timetable at …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/Fiche_05_N… is the current timetable - even though no-one has bothered to alter the heading to note that it only started on 25 August.

A great deal has changed from the previous version, which may well still be accessible from outdated links.

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train des Merveilles

I'm pretty sure i posted the August timetable changes here before they took effect, but i don't find the TA search engine useful to fnd even my own posts so i won't bother searching for them

Links go out of date quickly and i despair when i see zombie threads from some ancient time ressurected on the forum that point to still working but horribly out of date timetables

As far as travelling around is concerned, especially off the beaten path, it is essential to carry a current timetable with you

3. Re: Train des Merveilles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2014, 06:21