We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

6 posts
Save Topic
Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Hello,

I am traveling to Nice and will be leaving home tomorrow. I'm trying to figure out, before I go, the best way to get to the hotel Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport.

We are comfortable with taking a bus, I just don't know where to get off. Would it be the 98 and the Garibaldi stop? How long would the ride be? Is the ticket still 1EUR?

If we don't take the bus, how much would a cab cost us?

Thanks in advance!

Svetlana

Nice, France
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Bus 98 now costs 6e per person, a taxi would be 30-35e,

If you take the 98 you could get off at Albert 1er or the stop before(on the Prom) it would then be about a 10 minute walk..

6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Thank you so much for the info Nice-regular! I appreciate it

liverpool...
Level Contributor
192 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Is there a cheaper bus than this one? That's gone up a bit!! I am staying at ajoupa tomorrow night until Monday. How did you find it Svetlana? And how was the weather.....thanks

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Svetlana wrote : Is it still EUR1?

The bus Airport - Nice town was never EUR1 while it was for most other routes It was EUR4 and this ticket also served at the same time as a day pass for the whole bus - tram lines. Not any more from May 2013. Now EUR6 and this is valid for only for Airport - Nice town one way, does not work as a day pass any longer. Not a big deal but a bit of pity for me. EUR6 is the cheapest. I don't think there is any (normal) cheaper way.

I stayed in a studio of Ajoupa on Rue Massena some years ago ( € 40.00 per night/low season) and I will again in two weeks ( €185 for 3 nights, facing Rue Massena with balcony). Rooms more spaceous than normal hotel rooms of the same category ( perhaps 1 - 2 * level ), having a dinning space next to a bed ( if you are in a studio. ), plein decor and furniture but clean. It calls itslef "appart - hotel". More like apartment rooms to me. Equipped kitchen, microwave and empty fridge. You have to leave the gabage yourself in the bin outside the room and clean the kitchen before departure, just like a short term apartment. No breakfast provided. Just do not expect usual hotel services ( information desk, no daily room/bed cleaning. etc ). I think you will get your room key at their office on a upper floor ( 4th or 5th?). Probably the office is closed during the night so no staff to speak to. All these are fine to me considering the price and the room I got.

Geneva, Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

> No cheaper way than EURO6

Juts saw SilkieNice wrote on another thread :

" head for stop "aeroport promenade", a few mins walk from terminal 1 -use inter terminal shuttle] and take bus 70 at 21:58 or 22:34 make sure you signal well in advance, get off at congres/promenade stop. 1euro 50 per person.

I wonder who easy this walk is at night from Terminal 1 to Aeroport Promenade stop . If easy enough, worth doing for a family., 4 times less expensive.

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2070%20(au%2008%2007%2013).pdf

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

Aeroport promenade stop is as easy to and better signposted that it used to be

However, which bus you get from aeroport promenade depends on exact day /time of travel and you will need to be ready to signal the driver in good time to allow the bus to stop or it will drive past

7. Re: Best way to get to Ajoupa, Baie Des Anges from the airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2014, 05:17