We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bellaire, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Hi all Nice Experts! I am in Nice and wondering how to get to Cap Ferrat from Ezevillage!

Thinking taking bus 82 from stop Segurane/Garibaldi (ligne d'Azur) ?! to Eze Village and

want to stop by Cap Ferrat and Villefranche on the way back to Nice!

Can you tell me what bus and bus stop allowed me to do that?

Gratitude!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Bus 83 to Beaulieu, then walk along promenade maurice rouvier to cap ferrat.

Then walk or bus 81 to villefranche. Bus 81 or 100 or train back to Nice

81 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2081%20(au%2014%2009%2013)%20V2.pdf

82/112 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2082%20(au%2004%2007%2011).pdf

83 timetable

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/ligne%2083%20(au%2002%2009%2013).pdf

Bellaire, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Thanks so much SelkieNice for your prompt answer! Can I take 83 to Beaulieu from Eze village or I have to go down to Eze bord de mer? What stop at Beaulieu? How long is the walk from Beaulieu to Cap Ferrat? I want to visit Ephrussi and Kylos villas as well while I am in Cap Ferrat and go to the beach at Villefranche last. Is this idea too ambitious or should I break it down in 2 days? Any favorite beach at Villefranche or restaurant you recommend?!

Thank you again!

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Here is how I would answer you questions, but see if you get a response from Selkie and what she might say:

1) The 83 bus travels between Eze Village and Beaulieu sur Mer, passing the Eze train station. There is no need to go to the station to catch this bus, and the route terminates in Beaulieu, close to the larger of Beaulieu's two harbors. The bus driver is likely to take a break at this point, so you will know where to get off.

2) To head towards Cap Ferrat and Villefranche, face the water and walk to your right along the coastal road. This road will change names several times, but to the steps the lead down to the Villefranche beach, the route is pretty straight forward. Stay on the road the "hugs" the coastline.

3) Visiting Eze, both Villas, and Villefranche is ambitious - especially if you want to spend time on the beach - but depending upon how your day progresses, give it a try and be willing to drop something if it's too much. As the roads on Cap Ferrat are winding and have deadends, I would recommend taking the 81 bus between the villas. Arriving on the 83 bus, you could walk along the coast, past the second, smaller harbor and a beach area, and near this point, you will see the entrance to the Promendade and signs towards Kerylos. I would then take the bus to the "Passables" stop that is near the villa. I would then take the 81 off the peninsula, and you could take it all the way to Villefranche, or if you wanted to walk this distance, get off at the Port St. Jean stop. However, I'm a little hesitant in recommending that one. Traffic on Bd. du Marechal Joffre can get a little "speedy," and really, if I remember correctly, there isn't a continuous sidewalk. I would suggest staying on the bus to the Marinoni/Joffre stop that is close to the train station. Bd. du Marechal Leclerc connects the train station vicinity to the coastal road and there is cycle shop where you turn onto the coastal road.

3) To visit Ephrussi first (and I would do this if it's your priority) walk along the coastal road from the 83 bus stop to where Leclerc bends towards the train station. Take the 81 from there.

4) The walk between road/promenade on to Cap Ferrat and Villefranche is through a residential neighborhood and the train tracks will be on your right. You will come to a stairway that leads down to the Villefranche beach, and the view at this point is one of my favorites in the Côte d'Azur. From there, it's easy to find your way to the Villefranche harbor, and you won't go wrong with most any of the restaurants you will find there.

To clarify all of this, click on the map icons on the Lignes d'Azur schedule pages. It's the square with the arrows next to the stops. This is very traveler friendly, and to get there, enter the bus route in the search box along the right margin:

http://www.lignesdazur.com/index.asp

This won't be so daunting once you've done this, and you can move the maps around to put the pieces together.

Have a great trip!

liverpool...
Level Contributor
148 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Which bus do we get to Eze and from where? We are staying on Rue Massena. Thanks

Bellaire, Texas
Level Contributor
36 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

Troggs thanks so much for your detailed answer! I really enjoyed all your reports about the region!

For Cokguzel, yesterday we took # 82 at Place Garibaldi to Eze Village and from there we walked down (if you need exercise) by the Nieztche path probably 1 hour or so. Then #83 to Beaulieu sur mer where the bus ends and we walked to Cap Ferrat (beautiful area with all huge mansions). We ended up walking to Villefranche and visited the Old Town (Vieille Ville), had a delicious dinner at Le Cosmo (grilled daurade with ratatouille veggies are best)! Have fun!

6. Re: Nice/Eze village/Cap Ferrat/Villefranche

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:19