We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between Nice and other beaches

Which Nice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation between Nice and other beaches

Hi, I will be staying one week in Nice and would like to know if there is a train pass to go to different towns and beaches every day. Also, the price of the pass and if somebody know how far is from Nice to Frejus.

Thank you

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

I don't know whether there's a train pass, but Villefranche-sur-Mer, Antibes, and Cannes are all close to Nice; so train fares shouldn't be terribly much.

The viamichelin.com site shows that the distance from Nice to Fréjus is about 73 kilometres.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,169 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

Public transport is very cheap, at any rate compared to the UK. Nice to Villefranche is 1.40 euros, Villefranche to Monaco 2.30. There is also a good bus service from Nice with 1.30 euros the cost of getting to most places. There are also daily and weekly passes for the bus but not for the trains.

Calgary
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

Hi, Thanks Underhill and LondonBob. Are those bus passes good to go to Frejus or St. Tropez? How about going from the airport to my hotel in Nice? Do I buy them from the driver?

Thanks

London
Level Contributor
561 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

The Carte Isabelle rail pass costs 12 Euros and gives you unlimited travel for the day along the coast between

Théoule-sur-Mer and Ventimiglia and from Nice to Tende.

From Nice going east you could go to Menton and stop off on the way back in Monte Carlo. And to the west you could visit Cannes and Antibes.

Be aware that the Carte Isabelle is not valid on the TGV - just the local trains. Timetables at www.sncf-voyages.com

On the buses you can get a one-day pass for 4 Euros or a weekly pass for 15 Euros. They're valid within in the Nice fare zone, which goes as far as Cap d'Ail in the east and Cagnes in the west. If your journey takes you outside the zone you pay 1.30 Euros - hardly a fortune! A single journey within or outside Nice is also 1.30 Euros.

Buy the Nice weekly passes at the airport, or downtown at the Gare Routiere. Day passes are sold on the buses. They're good value for money if you're going to be travelling around. A number of bus routes currently have diversions to avoid the endless tram works.

Your buses from the airport are route 98 to Promenade des Anglais and 99 to the station and port. You need a one-day or weekly pass for these routes. Route 23 is a slightly slower local bus which also goes to the station and for which the normal 1.30 Euro fare applies.

All the bus info is at www.lignedazur.com

London
Level Contributor
561 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

In answer to your question about Frejus, it's 40 miles or 64 km from Nice.

Calgary
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

Thank you rentaquote. I'll print the information you sent me and take it with me.

7. Re: Transportation between Nice and other beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 16:22