We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

New York
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

We're planning to travel to the French Riviera / Nice area in June and taking along three small children (a 4 year old and twins 1 and half years old). I want to know what town might be the best suggestion for us to rent an apartment in. We definitely want access to a beach. We'll want relatively easy access to public transportation to take small trips to the other towns (we don't mind walking around town), We'll also want some restaurants, shops and grocery stores in our town to get some supplies for the apartment. And we'll need to use a stroller as well.

Given this information, can anyone give me a suggestion on what town might work best for us? Villefrance-sur-mer, Beaulieu-sur-mer, or another suggestion?

Tour Azur
Day Trips, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Cultural Tours
La Cavaleta - votre velo taxi a Nice
Bike Tours, City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Other Outdoor Activities
Happymoov
Taxis & Shuttles
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,473 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

Thanks for getting back to us. Let us know how else we can help....

russia
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

We've beeing in JLP with 1 year old twins this autumn. There are some points to consider:

1) apartment with 2 cots is realy difficult to find. JLP offers at least one, we will get back there as I do not found out any other in Cannes-Nice area and do not what to bring cot from Moscow.

2) traveling around is real problem with kids. Railway stations along the cost do not have elevator (apart from Monte Carlo), Antibes got elevator, bit it was broken, so my husband move our strollers by hands in all underground crossings. It was real problem, as we have traveled by train every day. Traveling by bus was even worse, as they ask to close strollers during the bus trip.

3)prepared food for kids was difficult to find in JLP, Antibes has better choice

4) car from aeroprt to JLP. I was advice on TA to use bus for our way from aeroport to the hotel. It was doable, but not enjoyable. Transfer companies ask around 125 euro for the transfer with 2 car seat. On our way back hotel found more reasonable taxi for us, so plan taxi ahead.

5) beach - be prepared that you have to walk to the public beach in JLP. We were aout of beach seasone, but it is better to plan in advance.

Good luck!

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

v-a-pros

Thanks for providing your feedback and highlighting some of the problems you encountered first hand

Many apartments will keep just one cot available because of storage space.I am not surprised that you had difficulty finding apartments with two cots.

However to increase your choice of rentals in future, you could consider asking apartment owners if they would obtain a second cot for you. Travel cots are usually available for around 30 to 35 euros at the hypermarkets or online so it may not be a deal breaker

As think I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread ,Cannes can be a good choice for families with strollers and small children. Prepared food is widely available and there is an excellent choice of accommodation within very close walking distance to the beaches (public and private), rail station ,buses etc. Hope this helps

russia
Level Contributor
319 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

thanks a lot for your suggestions

15. Re: Where to stay in French Riviera with three small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:16